Heritage Owners Club

So....In general, how are things going for Heritage Guitars?

Polo

52 minutes ago, gnappi said:

What Heritage needs is more brick and mortar outlets, I don't see how any executive can not see that.

They are starting to sell through Musicians Friend.   They are also listed on the Guitar Center site, but from what I have seen, they aren't in stores at this point.

There are also some other B&M stores,  Eddies,  Chicago Music Exchange,  Rusty's Guitars,  Wolfes,  etc.    Unfortunately they don't have a list on the web site, which seems to be counterproductive.    Check on Reverb and you should find some of the dealers.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

They are starting to sell through Musicians Friend.   They are also listed on the Guitar Center site, but from what I have seen, they aren't in stores at this point.

There are also some other B&M stores,  Eddies,  Chicago Music Exchange,  Rusty's Guitars,  Wolfes,  etc.    Unfortunately they don't have a list on the web site, which seems to be counterproductive.    Check on Reverb and you should find some of the dealers.

Believe me, "I" know how to hunt down Heritage gits, no problem there at all :-)  It's everyone else that needs to do it.

I think they could rent some space in big box stores put a locked glass case with a primo git selection in it with a banner something like...

"You KNOW Kalamazoo as the git capital of the World... well, that's STILL true and always will be. "Heritage guitars"

Generate buzz... send reps to LGS and have a Heritage day... get players familiar with the brand, in short GET OFF THEIR ARSES !!!

23 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Wow Rich, I did not know that. I wonder if that means pricing will be more flexible? If that is true, perhaps Sweetwater will begin carrying them too?

2 hours ago, ElNumero said:

Wow Rich, I did not know that. I wonder if that means pricing will be more flexible? If that is true, perhaps Sweetwater will begin carrying them too?

I'm under the impression that all of the various industries for products where people would routinely buy said products online are now being forced by the manufacturers to sell these items at whatever fixed price the manufacturer sets. This is essentially the manufacturer's solution to the problem of brick & mortar stores complaining that they cannot compete with other stores in other markets who are selling the same products online for less money (and tax free). Manufacturer price fixing levels the playing field as far as the selling price goes but dealers will then have to compete using something else like a small free add-on of some sort.

I've recently found this to be the case where in places like GC where I used to buy a lot of gear far below the sticker price through expert haggling or at the Big Screen Store where I just got a 75" new TV, or at the camera store where I just bought some new video gear. These places will not haggle anymore. Sticker prices are firmly set by the manufacturer.

While that may be true most of the time, there are still options.  Musicians Friend is alway putting out 10% or 15% off coupons in their marketing emails.   When the last one came in,  I check the eligible list and Heritage guitars were on there, which means that you could knock about $350 or so off an H150.   

Sweetwater isn't carrying Heritage at this point, but if they eventually do, that might be good.   I like Sweetwater better than MF.  I've also bought things from Sweetwater at a discount by telling my rep when I've had the 15% off coupon from MF.   He checked and came back with a price match on a pair of Rode M5 mics.   Most time Rode mics aren't discounted.   

Nothing is ever written in stone!

As for the "tax free" issue,  a lot of online companies have started to charge sales tax.   You know that free ride was going to end eventually.   There's too much money at stake for the state governments.   For a state like Tennessee, it about 9% for state and local taxes.   They use it instead of taxing your wages like most states do.

37 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

As for the "tax free" issue,  a lot of online companies have started to charge sales tax.   You know that free ride was going to end eventually.   There's too much money at stake for the state governments.   For a state like Tennessee, it about 9% for state and local taxes.   They use it instead of taxing your wages like most states do.

Not here in Michigan. They started making us pay sales tax for online purchases last year. So we pay the 6% sales tax, and we pay taxes on our wages, AND still have to pay a use tax for internet purchases. Gotta' love this state, still ranked 50th in road conditions. Woo-hoo!!!!

5 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I'm under the impression that all of the various industries for products where people would routinely buy said products online are now being forced by the manufacturers to sell these items at whatever fixed price the manufacturer sets. This is essentially the manufacturer's solution to the problem of brick & mortar stores complaining that they cannot compete with other stores in other markets who are selling the same products online for less money (and tax free).

This is true but lets think about the local camera store here in town.  They charged list for everything they sold.  When the Internet hit it made them look bad.  I was going to buy a Nikon kit from these folks, the D2 I think.  When I had the cash in pocket I learned that Nikon wouldn't allow them to sell that camera.  They were no longer the big fish in a small town.  I instead went with Canon gear and bless that turn of events.  I love my Canon lenses. 

Yeah, TN doesn't charge State income tax but they garnish your wages any chance they get! The miss runs a tiny online business on Etsy, they have a monthly state business sales tax that needs to be filed on time all the time. Most her sales are out of state, well one month she somehow missed something and owed a few bucks (under $50) yet she continued to file with no issues for a year and we were never contacted. Boom, state mind-bogglingly "estimates" she's $1,500+ short and garnished 50% of wages for two pay periods (without ever attempting to resolve the issue via letter/phone/etc) for apparently mis-filing one month, they couldn't even release the hold for the second pay period after contacting them. After re-filing and paying a couple bucks it took about 4-5 months to get the $1500 in wages back. Free loan for them.

Guess what happened: the accountant later finds out she didn't mis-file anything and she paid the proper amount for that month. We opened a claim with the state and spent more time than moneys worth it to get the 50 bucks back. 

Oh, and don't get me started on my "speeding ticket" case, holy **** that was something else. 

****ing crooks EVERYWHERE you go. Don't believe the PR campaigns, same spiel different affiliations state to state as cronyism is more common than apple pie. You get had one way or the other and sometimes when you pay a higher this or that..it actually pays off, sometimes not, lol. 

Sorry for the derailment, lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived