Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Guitar Values...Now and Future?

Gitfiddler

29 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

Why does the "undesireable" 60s slim carve command the same price as a 59?     

Bite your tongue... the 60's neck is the best one they make.   (  although they are slimming down the others to try and make them more accurate too )

Fred,  everyone on the LPF KNOWS that the 60s neck was too thin to give the massive sustain, thick chunky tone and perfect feel that you get with the 59 neck.    Between that and the change from analine dye, they pretty much ruined the guitar to the point that they had to discontinue it and create the SG, right?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TalismanRich said:

Fred,  everyone on the LPF KNOWS that the 60s neck was too thin to give the massive sustain, thick chunky tone and perfect feel that you get with the 59 neck.    Between that and the change from analine dye, they pretty much ruined the guitar to the point that they had to discontinue it and create the SG, right?  :rolleyes:

B)  Ha..      

Reminds me of the story where EC picks up one of Bonnamasa 's bursts... says it's his favorite.  Joe agrees and says it's a 60 and opines that they have more pop to the 60s models and sound better. 

Of course , I love 'em all.  

On 8/30/2018 at 2:42 AM, HANGAR18 said:

I've owned G&L guitars before, each one I bought new. It seems to me that every time I have ever seen a G&L guitar listed for sale, the owner is trying to sell it for what they cost new. Sometimes even above what I bought mine for brand new. So, maybe they are hard to sell because G&L owners set the price too high?

I believe I saw that video that mentions poor resale value of G&L guitar (and others), and the guy who made it did a "Part 2" video based on feedback from viewers - Heritage was on that second video.  But, Looking at actual used guitar sales, the older ones seem to be at least holding their value.

Has this ever happened to you?

When you aren't in the market for another Heritage guitar, you notice that they are selling for really cheap.
But the minute you decide that you want to buy one, then you either can't find one or the ones you do find listed have much high asking prices than what you were expecting.
That's what I went through when I was looking for my first H535.

49 minutes ago, HANGAR18 said:

When you aren't in the market for another Heritage guitar, you notice that they are selling for really cheap.
But the minute you decide that you want to buy one, then you either can't find one or the ones you do find listed have much high asking prices than what you were expecting.

I think being disinterested and with no sense of urgency or focus creates opportunity.

Thats the only way I can describe my life.

1 hour ago, HANGAR18 said:

I have had the same experience.

It seems to me that when I'm not in the market,  a slew of nice guitars show up with decent pricing.    Sometimes it takes a good amount of self control to NOT hit that "buy me" button.

I've pretty much gotten away from browsing Ebay, but Reverb and Gbase keep cropping up, along with Craigslist.   

A good ploy seems to be getting distracted by much lower cost items.   I just added a pair of Rode M5s to my list of mics.   15% off was too good of a buy for a matched pair!

22 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Probably not.   I've been scoping out the local beaches, looking for a gate job.   Barring that,  I can always sell off my massive art collection.   That should get enough to at least pay for the senior drinks at Taco Bell.

Good luck finding those oceanfront beaches in KY!

An illustration of "Demand" from the concept of Supply & Demand...

My last guitar purchase, I was looking for something (anything) shaped like a Les Paul that I could hot rod with some store bought drop-in pre-wired Vol/Tone knob kits and a set of SD Pearly Gates pickups. It had to be something that I wouldn't care about making modifications to or care if it got scratched playing it. Basically I was more interested in tinkering than playing music. I considered a lot of different guitars for the tinkering project when... perfect timing, Brent posts an H150 which was scratched and dinged all to hell. Not only that but it had one hell of a quilt top. Maybe others would have balked at the two grand asking price but my reaction was something like a classic spit-take and I couldn't find Brent's phone number fast enough. I have paid four grand for quilt tops like that and to find one for two grand was definitely a "TAKE MY MONEY NOW!" moment.

The moral of the story is this... If you have something that someone else wants, they WILL buy it. The "current market" doesn't mean anything.

Heritage_H150-Custom_2784x1.jpg

Archived