Heritage Owners Club

Re Surf Us

southhouse

Evenin’ all. Not completely new here. I had an account about 7 years ago but drifted away and forgot my contact info. Back then I started posting on the site after buying an H-150P used from a guy down around St. Louis. It’s a black guitar with Schaller pickups, rosewood neck, and dots. Best I can tell, it’s a ’97. It’s kind of hard to know for sure because the first character looks like an ‘N’ but it could also be a pi sign. I haven’t read where that symbol was in the dating convention though. I’ve played it very little. With the help of Marty Schwartz videos on YouTube, I learned how to play the opening to Dickey Betts’ BlueSky. The body has a couple of dings in it. I’ll post pictures in a few days

The guitar on the left is a 2010 H-137 custom.  The guitar on the right in a '96 H-150 Special - not a poplar.  Check the plate.

dscf5701_std.jpg

Yeah, the Pi comment was a joke. Although the first character on the head-stock is blurred to the point it’s anybody’s guess as to what it is. But it looks most like an N to me and my wife concurs. Two of the pamphlets that are in the box are suggested retail price lists and both have a January 1999 date on them. I have had the plate off in the past. In type it says “Heritage Guitar Inc.” Then in handwriting it shows the model being H-150 P Black. The guitar weighs 7 pounds 8 and 5/8 ounces if that’s any clue to the wood that was used. Thanks

I promised some pictures. Here’s the underside of the control cover and one of the face. I’d load more pics but I need to get the guitar cleaned up a little better. It’s got some, uh, pretty heavy residue on it from the previous owner. Not a scent I’m opposed to mind you but it kind of wrecks the luster. My wife and I are prepping for a long trip so everything else is taking a back burner to that. Thanks everyone for your input

IMG_20180912_183549506_LL.jpg

IMG_20180914_230216380_LL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Tux, Southhouse!

What's the weight on that one?   The one thing that I really like about my H140 vs my 157 is that I can stand a lot longer with it on my shoulder.    1.3 lbs really does make a difference.  I would think the poplar would also be lighter.

Thanks!

I wanted to post better pics. My wife and I just got back from visiting several national parks in the western states but the weather wasn’t too cooperative so no guitar pics with background mountain views.

She’s a lightweight. 7 pounds 8 and 5/8 ounces or approximately 3400 grams

• 2 weeks later...

Archived