Heritage Owners Club

Thinking of building my own Heritage guitar

LK155

I've somehow amassed a fair number of spare guitar parts in the last few years.  And now that I'm mostly retired, there's lots of time for constructive projects like this.  (Those of you already retired, or partly retired, will instantly recognise how utterly ridiculous that statement is.)  So I gathered together some stuff today just to see what I have, and I can't see this being a huge deal to assemble a guitar.  I mean, I've been on ten PSP factory tours in a row, and it doesn't look all that tough.  As you can plainly see, I have the majority of the parts already. I even have strings.  Just need to look for a few minor items, then, um, put them together.

Mo0iRsS.jpg?1

I like the idea of a short scale neck.   Who needs more than 5 frets anyway.  

As for having spare time after retirement,  its simply not true.   I'm trying to spend more time improving my health, so after watching Dr Phil, Dr Oz, The Doctors, and General Hospital there's not much day left!   I am hoping to find time to work on my law degree.   There seem to be some excellent classes on jurisprudence during the day.

2 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

As for having spare time after retirement,  its simply not true.   I'm trying to spend more time improving my health, so after watching Dr Phil, Dr Oz, The Doctors, and General Hospital there's not much day left!  

Just burned two pieces of rosemary and killed a chicken and spilled it's blood on your photo.  You should be fine in a few days.

19 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Instead of a guitar, why not create an artsy-fartsy "Heritage Man"?  Just rearrange and add a few parts for arms and legs, then frame him for wall art.

OK, how about this?  Not much I could do about the thick eyebrows.

GEu853W.jpg?1

Today on Craigslist, I saw a guy trying to sell a home made electric guitar which was made from a 1 gallon antique gasoline can and an Epiphone stripped and sanded neck. This of course gave me an idea. What if I just buy a complete neck and then find something completely ridiculous to build a guitar out of? I already have a bunch of very good pickups and electronics parts which I took out of other guitars, no one want to buy them and they aren't doing anything else. All I need to do is decide what to make the body out of.

Archived