Heritage Owners Club

Gibson vs. Heritage

Genericmusic

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 1:08 AM, bolero said:

I'd say the P90 SG might be better suited to whacking Abbie Hoffman, than the 575

How about it would be better suited to playing "Tommy"?

We have enough hate in our country now, thank you. Bombs and fake bombs are being sent to terrorize those in opposition to the Dear Leader.

I get it. But without context this sounds thuggish. 

For context, Hoffman was pulling a "Kanye at the Grammys" and was out of line at Woodstock while the Who were on stage. Yet Kanye is held in high regard by a certain powerful person for some reason, anyway. The new political correctness, I guess.

We have enough hate in our country now, thank you. Bombs or fake bombs and white powder are being sent to terrorize those in opposition to the Dear Leader.

"Ain't no time to hate". 

4 hours ago, Yooper said:

I get it. But without context this sounds thuggish. 

For context, Hoffman was pulling a "Kanye at the Grammys" and was out of line at Woodstock while the Who were on stage. Yet Kanye is held in high regard by a certain powerful person for some reason, anyway. The new political correctness, I guess.

We have enough hate in our country now, thank you. Bombs or fake bombs and white powder are being sent to terrorize those in opposition to the Dear Leader.

"Ain't no time to hate". 

No politicizing Yoop. Doesn't matter which party you support. Lets talk guitars!

19 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

No politicizing Yoop. Doesn't matter which party you support. Lets talk guitars!

"Whacking guitars" or "playing guitars"? 

I'm against hate, and condoning or marginalizing violence.  Is that politicizing now?  

Nice finish on those, though. It'd be a shame to get blood on them.

yeah, making a joke about the Gibson being better suited to Pete Townshend whacking some moron who ran onstage & started shouting thru the mic, is certainly out of line

go watch some Road Runner cartoons...then get offended over that, too  ;)

Look. Maybe things are fine in Canada, and good for you. I respect a civilized country. I have no personal animosity towards you, or anyone here.

The US is under a wave of hate and terrorism this week. Maybe those extremist thugs should be smoking weed instead of spreading their hate? I'm just saying joking about violence doesn't help. That is my only point. Sorry that irks you.

Just my dopey opinion. If being anti-violence is a "political opinion", then I'm just a pathetic snowflake. 

Ain't no time to hate.

Back to guitars, please. 

no problem, I agree with you!

the "Abbie Hoffman incident" is generally seen as a humorous event, in the career of Pete Townshend and his Gibson SG

( which brings us back on topic )

and here is the riff that fellow lifted for the gtr solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vNcgL9Fi4w

one of my fave Yes tunes. I'd bet the gtr part is a Gibson H175

*edit* hmm can't seem to embed the vid?

Archived