Heritage Owners Club

Fraud with a Heritage H575 (in Germany)

Einerbe

Hello!

I was interested in an H575 that was offered on the internet.
A 1989 H575, serial number F31905, natural color, price 1.200€, location was in Munich (Germany).
I wrote an email to the seller and asked for some detailed pictures in order to decide whether I should drive to Munich for a buy.

This morning I received an answer and 12 pictures of the guitar. He mentioned due to devorce he had to move back to England. But in case I was interested in buying he would engage an agency with the selling and transporting affairs. I don't know whether you have this kind of fraud in the US but here in Europe it is quite "popular".

This was a clear fake! Once you pay, money is gone with the wind - and you'll never receive anything.
I answered, "hey, what is your address and do you have a phone number so we can talk?" And also: "Sorry, I believe this is fraud. But when I am wrong, then I would be pleased to get your address and phone number".
The advertisement was deleted immediately thereafter (the seller also offered a Martin Guitar - which disappeard, too). Of course, I did not receive any further email.

I post this because I received 12 pictures of the guitar including one with the serial on the headstock. I was wondering whether these were taken from a real selling advertisement an were used for that fraud. Attached you can see some. Maybe somebody from the Heritage Owners Club members knows or owns this guitar.

Have a nice day
Ralph

DSC0842.jpg

DSC0844.jpg

DSC0848.jpg

DSC0849.jpg

DSC0851.jpg

Very common scam here as well; also get them when you are trying to sell something too. They either try to get you to pay a fee of some sort before they send you payment... or you get a fake check... or some sort of attempt to obtain your bank account information. 

Archived