yoslate

Another 535 track...because it's a 535....

Here's another one, a slow blues by Lonnie Mack, from Fourth Gear, the new one from Luxuriant Sedans.  Again, the 535 with Seths, through the former Bogen PA head, reconfigured into a '57 tweed Twin by Dale Laslie, at MegaTone.  This one's straight, no chaser:  535, cord, amp.  All live, no overdubs, second take.  I'm on the left, Gino ('64 Fender brownface Deluxe and an SG, I think), the right.

Edited by yoslate

Awesome tune and awesome tone ... The 4th gear CD is a winner all the way through!

I've said it before, this CD is my favorite and Wezo sing his best on this one too! Also great warble on the guitar! Great complimentary guitar tones.

Loved the nasty dbl stop thing around 3:10!

• Upvote 1

So you somehow took an old Bogen head and made it into a twin? Can I assume it has some 6L6's in it? Four of them? Are you using the pre amp from the Bogen or did he design something for it?

Old designs  like the 535 and old amps just seem to pair together really nicely.

4 hours ago, rwinking said:

So you somehow took an old Bogen head and made it into a twin? Can I assume it has some 6L6's in it? Four of them? Are you using the pre amp from the Bogen or did he design something for it?

Old designs  like the 535 and old amps just seem to pair together really nicely.

I sure didn't!  But my amp guy, Dale Laslie at Mega Tone amps (megatoneamps.com) did.  Used the Bogen chassis and iron, and configured things to replicate the 5E8a circuit, the low power tweed Twin.  That one had only two 6L6's.  Dale specializes in acquiring old PA heads and signal generators, that sort of thing, and doing amazing things with them.  I've owned several of his Frankenstein builds, plus he's modded just about every amp I've owned in the last eight or nine years.  This 5E8a clone is just magic!  Used it on every track on the disc except one.

45 minutes ago, brentrocks said:

When will the new album be available in iTunes?

It's there.

53 minutes ago, brentrocks said:

Rob would sound great playing a shovel plugged into a garden hose

I believe I'd like to hear that.  How about it Rob?