Heritage Owners Club

Circa 2002 Heritage Models

skydog52

15 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

Is Roy Clark still a signature artist?

He is arguably the biggest name they have ever had.

Kenny Burrell might have something to say about that.... many regard him as one of the top jazz guitarist of all time ever.

BUT Roy Clark is a monster multiple instrumentalist and guitarist that is good as anybody ever as well in his genre.   

39 minutes ago, Kuz said:

Kenny Burrell might have something to say about that.... many regard him as one of the top jazz guitarist of all time ever.

BUT Roy Clark is a monster multiple instrumentalist and guitarist that is good as anybody ever as well in his genre.   

I have a CD with Roy Clark and Joe pass doing a Hank Williams tribute. It'll knock your socks off. That being said given the choice of the two I rather see and listen to Kenny Burrrell. 

9 hours ago, Genericmusic said:

I have a CD with Roy Clark and Joe pass doing a Hank Williams tribute. It'll knock your socks off. That being said given the choice of the two I rather see and listen to Kenny Burrrell. 

I always enjoyed HEE-HAW

I agree with Hangar that from a pop culture standpoint, Roy Clark eclipses Kenny Burrell. Randomly poll 1000 people and and RC would have more name recognition. Within the 'guitar player' sub genre, however, I'd go with Kuz that KB as the bigger feather in their cap.

then there's that Dude, Moore. Gary, or something, wasn't it?

as to the original post...what strikes me is how unbelievably ambitious Heritage was.

37 models

proprietary pickup winds

progressive wiring harness's (VIP etc)

For all that's been spoken about these simple good ol boys doing what they do and sleepily keeping the flame burning...man that was a lot of thought and energy being given to give the discerning buyer every conceivable reason to choose Heritage over the alternatives. They were after it, no question.

43 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

Yeah,   Funny that he didn't play a Heritage back when he was on HeeHaw, right?    B)

Oh wait,  he did!  He does a bit of pickin' on this one. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN6hHGJyhFk

Interesting that the Heritage headstock logo is blacked out in that video.  WTF!?

22 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Interesting that the Heritage headstock logo is blacked out in that video.  WTF!?

There are couple of spots, like around 1:29 where you can see the logo faintly.   I think its the way the lights are hitting the inlay.  Being a 555, its got the inlay rather than the painted logo.   I know my 157 doesn't show up well at certain angles.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, HANGAR18 said:

Is Roy Clark still a signature artist?

He is arguably the biggest name they have ever had.

Agreeable to a point. I've seen Kenny Burrell mentioned already.

I'd vote Alex Skolnick.

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, Steiner said:

Why the 2016 Links?

Lusting over models you used to be able to order. Those were the days!

Archived