Heritage Owners Club

WTF is up with this?

rwinking

37 minutes ago, rwinking said:
Seems pretty obvious what's up with these fakes....
New High Quality Heritage Standard Electric Guitar Tobacco Burst Free Shipping

About the shipping

Our factory from china ,so when we send the guitar to you ,by Ems normal need 1-2weeks arrive ,so when you order it ,don't hurry to get the guitar ,as from china to your country need time .
About the guitar ,if you need hardcase for this guitar ,you can check our product list to add it .Please patiently waitting for your baby come on .
About our factory it is china and South Korea Joint Venture,SO The pruduct quality get control , best price and service for you .AS we for more Famous brand do OEM guitar . if you want do customized guitar ,you can message to me ,it is my pleasure to work with you .

"Please patiently waitting for your baby come on ."  Don't ask me why, but I really do love this copy!  The possibilities are nearly limitless.  Rather than use a standard grammar text, when I was teaching, I'd find things like this to turn into grammar lessons.  Ten of these, and I could teach grammar intricacies to a room full of high school kids, between the howling laughter and gasping for air...all of us, for days on end.  Thanks, Tim!

I'll forgive their butchering of the language.  I dare say that I bet their English is WAY better than our Chinese!  About all the Chinese I know is General Tso's Chicken and fried rice.

Sometimes it's fun to put things in the Babelfish translator, just to see how it mangles the phrase.   There were times at work where I had to try translating various technical passages from other languages like German, Italian or Russian.   The results can be fairly "interesting" to say the least.  

In any case,  it still doesn't change the fact that the guitar is a cheap knockoff.    At least the few items I saw from that dealer didn't blatantly put "Gibson  Made In USA" on the headstock.   They seem to avoid any shots of the headstock itself.

I was kind of thinking it said Heritage on the headstock and it was an ugly headstock.

Archived