Heritage Owners Club

H-535 Snarky Puppy

Gtwibs

I've always liked those guys. Watching this video shows how effortlessly the can float in and out of many different feels.

One questions.....What kind of headphone mixer could handle 60 headphones? Damn! An engineering miracle to be sure.

I love that band! I've seen them live a few times and what's really impressive is that they record these complex tunes live in front of an invited audience. They've also recorded with some great guests - David Crosby, Lalah Hathaway, Jacob Collier, Becca Stevens and others.

Their collaboration with David Crosby is particularly lovely...

I recently saw David Crosby and the Lighthouse band - which features Michael League from Snarky Puppy. Becca Stevens and Michelle Willis were also in the band and they had really great harmonies. I liked the way they got the music to sound, even without a drummer. Michael League is quite a versatile songwriter, producer, arranger and performer. 

I noticed again that the audience all gets headphones. What a nice way to listen to a concert. Especially with such great and subtle musicians as Snarky Puppy.

On 12/12/2018 at 2:50 PM, Doug said:

I recently saw David Crosby and the Lighthouse band - which features Michael League from Snarky Puppy. Becca Stevens and Michelle Willis were also in the band and they had really great harmonies. I liked the way they got the music to sound, even without a drummer. Michael League is quite a versatile songwriter, producer, arranger and performer. 

I think these guys are fabulous!  Great musicians in every sense of the word.  And, incidentally, Becca Stevens' brother, Bill, played B-3 on the last Sedans record.  She is a gifted musician and a stunning persona!  Daniel Seriff, the guy I've been taking lessons with, has played with her a good bit.

Archived