Heritage Owners Club

Heritage at Musicians Friend

skydog52

15 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

If they ever get to Sweetwater, we're all screwed.

2 year interest free financing is a bitch to resist.

:wav:

1 hour ago, brentrocks said:

This is good for us but bad for dealers.   

This is gonna kill the mom n pop dealers.  

Obviously heritage doesn’t care about them???

Yes

Don't I know, already Dead!

No they don't

at first I thought it was crappy: but after some thought, I think it is the only way to get Heritage into higher visibility with the larger population of guitar buyers

people like us are a very small percentage

I can't count the number of guitar playing friends who I have tried to "convert" to Heritage, who don't give the brand much credence, because they don't see them in stores beside

GIBSON & FENDER

and what about the even larger percentage of non educated, casual guitar buyers? ( like kids' parents etc )

G & F still hold sway over anyone who is only *marginally* familiar with guitar. Because they are everywhere. ( all that free marketing from 1950-1980 or so didn't help either )

at least now, everyone will be able to compare them side by side, and see for themselves

I.m selling my H150 to my neighbor who has fallen in love with it. He actual wants my H-170 but that will never happen. Anyway, I am looking for another H-150. Used ones are going fo anywhere from $1500 - $2000. My question is how are the new ones?  Don’t really want to pay $2000 for a used one if I can get a new one for a little more. And if I decide to go new, I will probably give Jay in Florida a try before MF or GC

6 hours ago, rwinking said:

I.m selling my H150 to my neighbor who has fallen in love with it. He actual wants my H-170 but that will never happen. Anyway, I am looking for another H-150. Used ones are going fo anywhere from $1500 - $2000. My question is how are the new ones?  Don’t really want to pay $2000 for a used one if I can get a new one for a little more. And if I decide to go new, I will probably give Jay in Florida a try before MF or GC

By "a little more" you mean between $500.00-$1000.00 more?

The good  news is name recognition which will increase the value of new and used Heritage guitars.  The bad news is the increase in value of new and used Heritage guitars. It's the right move for Heritage.  Time will tell if it hurts the independent dealers.  I am hesitant to spend $2,800 on a guitar I can't see and play before buying, heck that goes for almost any guitar.  The thing that bothers me is on the old Heritage web site they listed their dealers.  Now you have to call them for a dealers name and they also sell direct. You can buy a Gibson at the Gibson factory at MSRP, no discounts.  All their dealers sell them at discounts.  Heritage is not doing that.  Seems the mom and pop stores may not be in the future of the Heritage game plan.  Time will tell what Heritage is going to do. Whatever it is I hope they are successful and thrive.  

Yeah....$2000 or $2500......$500 is not that much more for a new guitar. Still, my question is how are the new guitars? Has anyone payed them? The thing with MF is free shipping and one can return the guitar if they don’t like it.

5 hours ago, kennyv4 said:

The good  news is name recognition which will increase the value of new and used Heritage guitars.  The bad news is the increase in value of new and used Heritage guitars. It's the right move for Heritage.  Time will tell if it hurts the independent dealers.  I am hesitant to spend $2,800 on a guitar I can't see and play before buying, heck that goes for almost any guitar.  The thing that bothers me is on the old Heritage web site they listed their dealers.  Now you have to call them for a dealers name and they also sell direct. You can buy a Gibson at the Gibson factory at MSRP, no discounts.  All their dealers sell them at discounts.  Heritage is not doing that.  Seems the mom and pop stores may not be in the future of the Heritage game plan.  Time will tell what Heritage is going to do. Whatever it is I hope they are successful and thrive.  

I was at a Guitar Center recently. Hadn't been in one in years, but I happened to be shopping for a new Gibson Flying V and didn't have much choice. Anyway, it used to be that I NEVER paid what it said on the tag. (This was in a day and time when I would walk into this one particular GC and every sales person in the place would stop what they were doing to walk over to me, shake my hand and greet me like i was a rich MF'n rock star.) Times have changed. The cashiers who work at Guitar Centers now have informed me that the price is now set in stone by the manufacturer and that they cannot budge on the price... period.

This is not the only place where I have seen this sort of thing is happening either. It seems to me now that all the manufacturers of everything (guitars, guns, cameras, a brand new Harely-Davidson, whatever) are all forcing dealers to stick to a specific price (such as a minimum advertised price) in order to compensate for the invention of the World Wide Web so that everyone is on a level playing field. This basically removes the incentive to buy online instead of from a local dealer. Dealers who fail to comply (ie get caught cheating) risk having their dealership status pulled. So now, it doesn't matter if I buy a guitar from Gibson directly or from a local dealer, it will cost me the same. (The subject of sales tax or no sales tax, or shipping is a different discussion.)

3 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Will MF and GC handle custom orders, or is that strictly handled by the factory?

Another dumb question.  Why haven't we received any comments or updates from Heritage management about this or other developments?

Does MF and GC handle custom orders from Gibson and Fender?     I've never even considered going there and asking to custom order a guitar.

6 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Will MF and GC handle custom orders, or is that strictly handled by the factory?

Another dumb question.  Why haven't we received any comments or updates from Heritage management about this or other developments?

Looks like Gibson and Fender offer Custom orders online. The way of the future I guess.

Really we are not a factor in their decisions. 

14 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Really we are not a factor in their decisions. 

Just another reason why I could care less about this new version of The Heritage. No thanks Meng.

On 1/5/2019 at 2:45 PM, Gitfiddler said:

Why haven't we received any comments or updates from Heritage management about this or other developments?

This is a very good question. Is it just me, or does it seem like when they have updated on this forum they got torched pretty good.

Archived