Heritage Owners Club

new girl in the house

Einerbe

Hello!

Yesterday I aquired my latest Heritage guitar. It is a H575 model I was looking for quite a while.

To my knowledge, usually these guitars are equipped with Grover Tuners (metal), but mine have Gover Deluxe Tuners (the tulip-ones).

Unfortunately the seller could not tell me anything about history. She bought it as a used one, too. I assume mine is equipped with (any) Seymour Duncans; haven't detached them yet.

The guitar looks, feels and sound "great" !

Now I realised, the label inside is different then on the other two Heritage guitars I own. It states "Heritage Guitars Custom Shop". My question: what exactly does this stand for? Was my H575 a customer's order and not a normal run from series? The serial number on headstock is rather illegible. But it is stated on the batch inside the guitar, too (none of my others state it on the label).

Maybe they stated on the label, too, because it was stamped illegible??

Well, I hope anybody can answer my questions here. Ah: another one: do you think I can contact Heritage for any duplicate documents? Did anybody try that before and are tehy cooperative?

Looking forward to your answer(s). Put some images of my H575 on the members gallery.

Cheers

Ralph

H575-badge_150.jpg

The type of tag really is meaningless.   There was no distinction between the standard and custom orders, other than any upcharges that they would have made.     Over the years,  I've seen three or 4 different tags, but the guitars all came from the same shop and were built under the same guys who started the company.   Its not like Gibson, where you have the CNC factory and the special low volume "custom shop" where they are more hand made.    ALL the guitars coming out of Parsons Street are hand made.

V would be 2005 build.   The standard pickups would have been Schallers, but MANY guitars have different ones, depending on the build request.   Schallers have double adjustment screws.   SD will have a single screw per side.  Many people just don't like the Schallers, and SD pickups are very reasonably priced.   Looking at your posted pics,  they are probably SDs and since the surrounds have 3 holes,  they may have been replaced.  That's VERY common. 

Likewise, the standard tuners were Grovers, but many people like the look of the tulip buttons.  Yours look like they were factory installed.   I don't see any extra screw holes, which often show up.

Overall, it looks like a really nice example.   Glad you like it! 

Thanks very much for your answer.

I was aware all Heritages are hand made guitars. But is has been possible, too, to design my own instrument at Heritage. That was what I was assuming.

Yes, the tuners seem to be factory installed - or a very good job of any luthier later on. Will check the PUs one day, as you said, it seems there had been Schallers installed. My H150 had them, and the PU frames have these double holes, as well.

I bought  this guitar from a Jazz Musician. Here's a video: https://youtu.be/u5jybeAo8Fo

Currently I keep playing my new girl just acousticly and it is a real pleasure how it sounds, responses and feels ....:music_mini2:

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning everyone in HOC-land!

My new girl could have been a customer order from Haar Guitars in the Netherlands. I found these Pick Ups inside (see image attached). My internet investigation led me to a guy named Peter Florance. He answered to my Email, these are his '59 Humbuckers and that Haar Guitars bought some Heritage Guitars back in the day with his Pick Ups inside.

I am still waiting for the reply respectivley confirmation from Haar. It could also explain the Tulip Tuners - which indeed seem to be factory installed. Because a lot of people don't like the style of the headstock some say to put on Tulip Tuners makes it look more aesthetic. Yes, one can struggle with headstock but: I like the regular installed Grovers, too.

What makes me wonder are the Pick Up frames with double screw holes. That implies the original equipment could have been Schaller Pick Ups. And what does the "7/" on the badge inside stand for? Maybe "number seven of ..." ?

Anyway, I am curious what Haar may reply - if they do at all ...

My new H575 needed a little neck adjustment. Now it is much more smoother to play . Yeah, I love her!

Have a nice day

H575- PU.jpg

On 1/16/2019 at 12:02 PM, skydog52 said:

H575-fronth-575%20asb.jpg

I've got a question about the different trapez tailpieces used. Mine (on the left) has a kind of classical or normal tailpiece. The other one on the right image the one I`d prefer : with the Heritage "H". Anyway could't find how they were installed; from/until and the other one before/thereafter. It seems Heritage mixed using these items, didn't they? In terms of construction to me there seems no difference (except the "H"), am I right?

21 hours ago, Einerbe said:

Thanks! And: very nice image - with the "H" reflecting on the floor!

It was a sign from God!  ;^)

Archived