Heritage Owners Club

What can you tell me about the Millennium SAE?

PunkKitty

1 minute ago, Jaguarguy said:

Congrats!  Great price and a nice looking Millennium!  I wonder what the issue was with it - looks in great shape other than the scrape on the neck!

Thanks. That's what I thought. The body and neck look good. If the acoustic circuit doesn't work, I can either fix it or remove it. I have a set of Mojotones that I'd like to replace the Schallers with. But we shall see. I'll know more next week when I get it.

I had one. Really liked it. It's one of 2 guitars I wish I had never sold. As a Millie, it's a great guitar. Everything you'd expect from that model. As for the SAE part - Stereo Acoustic Electric, well, that depends. Mine had a stereo jack so you could run to an acoustic amp (DI, FOH, etc) + electric guitar amp. You accessed the SAE via Push/Pull which became the Vol for the acoustic. Each saddle was wired individually. Which could lend itself to much more than just an acoustic piezo if so desired - midi anyone?. Mine was not the best on the acoustic side. But tech has come a long way since I had mine. Could probably work that now. If I found the correct one on the 'bay, you have the single cut variety? And with the arched top/back. So, it's a bit of a rare beast. Looking forward to your own pics, review when you get it. 

I had one also.  If I remember correctly mine had a separate volume for the piezo and combined vol and tone for the hum buckers.  A standard guitar cable will (at least on mine) get you the hum buckers only.  I never liked the piezo sound so I never used it.   I sold it to buy an H 575. 

My two cents worth.

The Millie arrived today in better condition than I expected to receive it. It's a 2000. There is next to no fret wear. I picked it up from UPS and brought it directly to my repair guy. He put in a new set of strings and set it up for me. He gave it a clean bill of health. The Schallers sound good, although I may replace them with a set of Mojotones that I have on the shelf at some point. The only issue is that some of the lacquer is burned off from sitting on a stand. It doesn't bother me though. I'm very satisfied with this one. My lack of photography skills don't do this guitar justice.

50442322_3015969195095618_69792848204970

50210554_3015969248428946_17062169771371

50261753_3015969321762272_72213683886882

50722824_3015969391762265_63973693179937

50218590_3015969471762257_30241128656876

14 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

Looks fine to me.   I'm curious about the piezo pickup.    Does it sound at all "acoustic"?

I don't know yet. I ordered a splitter so I can test it. The Schallers sound good. Considering the complexity of the circuit, I'll probably leave this one stock.

After spending a few days playing this guitar, I'm very surprised by it. It feels better to me than my old H-158. The body is hollow and I really like the sound. I'm shocked by how good the stock Schallers sound. I played this side by side with my ES-335 with Mojotone pickups and my CMG with DiMarzios. The Schallers were just as responsive and versatile. I was going to install the Mojotones in this, but I'm starting to think that IF I replace the Schallers, I my spend some money on a set of Lollar Imperials. But I'm honestly not sure it would be much of an improvement. The Schallers just sound that good. And considering that this is a full hollow guitar, I want potted pickups in it.

Archived