Heritage Owners Club

NGD SuperLight

pressure

Must get sleep...started playing SuperLight yesterday and haven't gone to bed yet. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do.

As usual I start with an idea spec it out… rinse, wash and repeat. Then I submit the build specs to Heritage and negotiate what can be done. Then its on!

I cannot say enough how much Mr. Pete Farmer has contributed to this guitar. We used to say in the Advertising world when we started a new campaign, that we only wanted people on the team who would “bring something to the party”, not just people who would watch the clock and do their job.

Pete brought something to the party in fact he was the party.

If you want the specs read the build sheet and then match the words to the photos.

A lot of obstacles were overcome in this build, one of those was the Chrome tailpiece. The tailpiece is a short finger tailpiece built by ABM in Germany. ABM does not build a short finger tailpiece in Chrome but they do build it in Gold. I called Peter at ABM in Germany and  asked if they would make me a short tailpiece in Chrome and Peter said they would do it as a custom order. That took 2 months.

Among other things that are not visible are the physical architecture of this guitar. Pete had to recalculate neck angle to accommodate the floating pickup. Lots and lots of knowledge and math…yes you do need math to build guitars.

This is just the latest custom Heritage guitar we have seen (Lance and Big Bobs matching H137s in Korinna and Pauls totally Fab Sweet Sixteen are other recent custom builds). So don’t count Heritage out as a custom builder yet.

Enough blah, blah, blah here are the photos.

GvXIK9W.jpg

L2k2kH3.jpg

li8jIlb.jpg

E3sHK60.jpg

ubXVAbC.jpg

GS3w8Jq.jpg

oLbz0lV.jpg

hjGUo2w.jpg

mJZCr4k.jpg

rFlTePk.jpg

rFlTePk.jpg

nt7ubiq.jpg

KZGApRP.jpg

2ovjN3f.jpg

BnEQoWU.jpg

le0etka.jpg

Very cool. 

The main thing that attracted me to Heritage guitars years ago was the "value proposition"- i.e. that I could get a custom guitar built that suited me, and it was still a good deal, and cheaper than that place in Nashville.

So, I gotta ask- "what did it cost?"  - I'm trying to understand what Heritage custom work costs these days.

Thanks.

All I can say is WOW RICHARD!

All the different pieces in that work of art is amazing! That neck joint is an engineering wonder.  And I know it sounds as well or better than it looks. Enjoy

Wow! I am curious about one thing.....What is a Rambo# pickup? I have an L5 Custom with a floating Johnny Smith Humbucker. I neve early liked that pick up so I am early curious about the #3 Rambo.....

I believe his name was Kenny Rambo. No dot on the bottom of the pickup = Rambo#1, one dot = Rambo#2, two dots = Rambo#3. I really like Rambo#3 pickups. I am not sure the pickup in this guitar is a Rambo, Pete got this, but eventually I will find out.

I have not logged in for months and I have not posted anything for even longer.

I logged in tonight just to compliment you on the design of this guitar and the builders for their execution.  I've never seen anything like this. Along with that gorgeous NGD Sweet 16 that someone posted recently, this specimen is an irrefutable testament to the exceptional capabilities of the current staff at Heritage.

The appointments are superb without being overstated.  Elegant.

What a treat it would be if this could be a standard model.

Congratulations on your new guitar.  .

2 hours ago, DavesNotHere said:

What is the official Heritage designation?

And will it be a catalog item?B)

Pressure Perfection Model

Archived