Heritage Owners Club

New owner

Larrymo

I’m a long time bass player that finally bought an nice electric guitar. Most of my favorite guitar players play ES335’s, and my friend show me this new(?) Gold Top H535 in a music store, so I pulled the trigger on that baby. The serial number starts with AE, which tells me it was made in 2014, right? So I’m 1) wondering if it’s unusual for a 4 year old guitar to still be be in a music store; 2) wondering if someone could point me to  the place in this forum to find everything a H535 owner should know about my guitar, which I love. BTW.

Also, I see the Heritage is undergoing some major changes. Selfishly, I wondering where my guitar (2014) fits in the restructuring, as far as quality, desirability, etc, compared to the older quitars.

Thanx appreciate any and input and opinions. 

Larry

Greetings, LarryMo, and welcome to the HOC.

You need not be concerned about your 535 Goldtop being unsold for so many years.  The Heritage brand is not as well known as others, plus some folks simply want a Gibson for whatever reason.  Some of us have scored great deals on brand new old stock Heritages over the years.  I also own a 535 Goldtop, made in 2008. 

One of the main differences between Gibson and Heritage semi-hollows is that Heritage are Hand Made, have Solid (vs laminate) Rims, Input Jack located in the lower rim, and the body depth is slightly slimmer than Gibson.

Enjoy your 535 Goldtop and post a pic when you get a chance.

Here's a couple of videos about the 535 and Heritage...

Enjoy!

I got a Heritage Stat that had sat in a store somewhere for years. It was mint except for where it had been hanging on the guitar hanger and therefore had some flaws up  by the nut. It is a truly amazing guitar. The shop had no idea what they had so I got it cheap!

I still can't believe how many people don't know about Heritage. I have mixed feelings about promoting the brand as selfishly, it may raise future prices.

Welcome and Congratulations.  the H535 is a wonderful instrument.  My first Heritage was a 535.  I once had the opportunity to play one through a '57 Tweed Deluxe and I'll never be the same.  Sonic nirvana.

• 2 months later...

Cant go wrong with a 535. I had one and it sounded great. The neck was a bit fat for my hand so I sold it. Awesome guitar regardless. 

Depending on who you talk to you lucked out finding a new 2014. The fact that is was still on the shelf just means no one in your area can spot a great guitar..   :<)

On 1/18/2019 at 7:07 PM, High Flying Bird said:

feel the air blow out of the f-holes. 

MYTH

Nice find! I have two 535's, a 2015 and a 2011. And I also have 2 555's, both made from the original workers. To me, best guitars in the world. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 11:51 PM, High Flying Bird said:

You are not doing it right then.  ;^)

I don't do many things right....

On 4/29/2019 at 6:54 AM, ElNumero said:

I don't do many things right....

Me either.

Archived