Heritage Owners Club

Dear Heritage, own up to new Heritage and change your website's feature pictorials

deytookerjaabs

I'm scratching my head about this whole post. 

We already know the Heritage Inc owners no longer view much of our content after they tried to be civil to us and several of us acted most ungratefully and rude.

They won't pay attention to our rant nor will they change a thing on there.

Yes, some of that imagery is old and represents a side of Heritage that is in the past.

So look at it as a snapshot in time of a factory history.

A lot of us have been to the old Factory with the old guard and remember the layers of sawdust and piles of scrap everywhere.

We have plenty of documentation to back that up.  Now we have new memories of a new Factory with new faces and new ideas.

Change is inevitable, its the only constant in life.

There was an evolution, it can be both good or bad, but the Heritage is still there.

And they still like us to stop by and visit when we are in town.

2 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

I'm scratching my head about this whole post. 

We already know the Heritage Inc owners no longer view much of our content after they tried to be civil to us and several of us acted most ungratefully and rude.

They won't pay attention to our rant nor will they change a thing on there.

Yes, some of that imagery is old and represents a side of Heritage that is in the past.

So look at it as a snapshot in time of a factory history.

A lot of us have been to the old Factory with the old guard and remember the layers of sawdust and piles of scrap everywhere.

We have plenty of documentation to back that up.  Now we have new memories of a new Factory with new faces and new ideas.

Change is inevitable, its the only constant in life.

There was an evolution, it can be both good or bad, but the Heritage is still there.

And they still like us to stop by and visit when we are in town.

You've grown so wise, Grasshopper. I feel we have no more to teach you. You may now venture out into the world. On your own. 

Right after we brand your arms with a bowl full of hot coals!!! ......... :shocked: Well, maybe we don't need to do that. But that is a pretty good assessment, Josh. 

I'll second DB's assessment that many were, in fact, rude when new ownership took the time to join this independent forum solely to shoot the shit with us and engage in conversation about their plans. I'd say rude is a simple and adequate word, although you could get a lot more colorful and still be correct. That's what I experienced, as did DB. Does that make me a kiss ass too, deytook? Either we agree with you or we're a) wrong and b) suck ups. cool.

And then after saying you disagree it occurred you go on to say it can/should. That's fine, you're entitled to your view, and to voice it.

What happened then is the same as what is happening here, you support your opinion with statements born wholly from ignorance, and then insult and demean those who take exception, even when they have first hand exposure to the issue that you yourself do not. I think a dialogue is great. But I differ from you in that I believe respecting and welcoming others views, particularly when they are infinitely better informed on the issue than I am, is a foundational tenet of said dialogue. I would have enjoyed Meng's participation here. Even if I didn't agree with his decisions for HIS company, being respectful and considerate enough to maintain a climate of free exchange I don't think would have hurt anything. To your point, I suspect his skin is thick enough to take criticism, to take a thoughtful challenge to conclusions. Sadly that opportunity was quickly eliminated by anger and much gnashing of teeth. When someone makes it clear they simply won't hear what you have to say, or care about any perspective but there own, the appropriate response is to stop making noise. 

My 2 cents. I have had the great fortune of having Custom Heritage guitars built under the original owners of Heritage Guitars Inc. and the new owners (Plaza Corp and Bandlab).

I have been treated well by both. I have no regrets working with the new Heritage Guitar Inc., in fact it was a pleasure. I encourage everyone to have the experience of working with Heritage Guitars Inc. to get the Custom guitar they have been dreaming of. Did I mention, Pete is Fab. Being negative is never positive.

Good Times.

2 hours ago, pressure said:

My 2 cents. I have had the great fortune of having Custom Heritage guitars built under the original owners of Heritage Guitars Inc. and the new owners (Plaza Corp and Bandlab).

I have been treated well by both. I have no regrets working with the new Heritage Guitar Inc., in fact it was a pleasure. I encourage everyone to have the experience of working with Heritage Guitars Inc. to get the Custom guitar they have been dreaming of. Did I mention, Pete is Fab. Being negative is never positive.

Good Times.

Bingo! That's what there should be more of....pics of your latest creation in the act of being built would be a great feature on the Heritage website. But maybe I'm too old now, maybe Websites are archaic and they're posting this stuff on instagram/etc.

4 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

I'll second DB's assessment that many were, in fact, rude when new ownership took the time to join this independent forum solely to shoot the shit with us and engage in conversation about their plans.

I'd say it's one of the few times people are probably less civil in real life than on the internet. Whatever banter there was here I've seen folks react in person to ownership then sweeping changes (even when it could be for the better) with intense vitriol. The missus manages a large team of people, if they change the most minute of details she'll get phone calls with loud mouthed rants like even I can't believe. 

I think of forums like I do the bar at about 11pm, there's always haters/hecklers....and even once in a while they have a point. I'm kinda surprised to see people so concerned about it. 

On 1/21/2019 at 8:36 PM, Gitfiddler said:

You need to write a song about this experience.  And have Yoslate write some high-brow, professorial lyrics that only a few will truly comprehend.  :book1:

It would sell.  :music_mini2:

I actually did write a song about the day that I came to the realization that I needed to quit my day job...

here comes the morning / weldon 2004

here comes the morning, bright sun on my window 
with it's gentle hand the warm sun nudges me from my bed yeah

a cup of coffee and a cigarette, helps to ease my sleepy head
today is the first day of a life that I'm taking back for myself, yeah

the truth was there right in front of me
like smoke that floats through the light of a window pane
but day to day surviving, like darkness, hid the truth from my eyes

(chorus) now it's time to take my life back from people that hurt hearts
i was born to be a healer
i'm gonna crack my chest wide open let them feel the beating pulse 
of a heart that sings the songs of the fearless
let em look through the eyes of guy that never gave up on a dream
no matter what the cost or the risk to be taken
let em watch as my soul released from a cage
bottled up too long, flies away 
let em feel my spirit reawaken
as i live my dream yeah, everybody's got to live their dream

i'm gonna live the life of a simple man
not asking for things that I don't need or i don't have
i'm gonna move with the gentle rhythm of a lover's heart, oh yeah

i'm gonna take my show down to the corner bar
and sing out loud the songs of my heart that soars
i'm gonna live off the tips that people throw in the case 
of my old brown martin guitar

(repeat chorus)

so, here comes the morning
here comes the morning
today is the first day of a life that i'm
taking back for myself yeah

3 hours ago, deytookerjaabs said:

Bingo! That's what there should be more of....pics of your latest creation in the act of being built would be a great feature on the Heritage website. But maybe I'm too old now, maybe Websites are archaic and they're posting this stuff on instagram/etc.

Yeah, Dey, you need to get with the TIMES.   Websites are so last week!  (wait, that was about 10 years ago... what's the current lingo?)

Anyway, they are on all the normal social media sites.  

https://www.facebook.com/HeritageGuitarInc/

https://www.instagram.com/heritageguitarinc/

https://twitter.com/heritageguitars

3 hours ago, deytookerjaabs said:

I think of forums like I do the bar at about 11pm, there's always haters/hecklers....and even once in a while they have a point. 

Ain't THAT the truth.    There are even occasions where they actually know what they are talking about!

...but they're rare.

Archived