Heritage Owners Club

Custom Heritages at NAMM

FredZepp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw the pictures and read the description,  I was almost confused.  

The 137 looks almost like a 150, with the binding,  humbuckers, block inlays,  maple on the top and the bridge/tailpiece combination.   I could easily live with that one especially if it still weighs in like an H137 does.

The H150 looks more like a 137, with the P90 Lollars,  stoptail,  apparently all mahogany, dot inlays and solid color.   You can't tell from the pictures if the top is carved, but I'm going to assume it is.   Its very minimalist in execution, which I always associated with the 137.

They sort of blur the lines between each style, don't they?

The 155M isn't my cup of tea.  I like Milliies, including the new M type, but that one just doesn't do it for me.  The color is OK, but I'm not partial to the all black motif.    I'll take my Millie LE over that one any day.

Of the four, I'm siding with TSP17,  the Eagle is IT!    Great looking guitar.     

20 minutes ago, brentrocks said:

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE PRICE …...LOL......

I thought I saw them somewhere. Yep, in the article: H-137 Retails at $2,799; H-150 Retails at $3,999; H-155 Retails at $4,599; Eagle Retails for $6,999.

Sorry “H” I’m not the least bit excited about any of those offerings. And I’ll bet the prices are off the chart. I’m sure they’ll sell well to buyers from Dubai and areas of the like. 

1 hour ago, skydog52 said:

Like a Sweet 16 with a Venetian cutaway. Loving it!

Change to a floating pickup with controls on the pickguard a finger tailpiece and you've got a Johnny Smith.

As Ren would say "Thats the way Johnny wanted it".

3 hours ago, brentrocks said:

The custom shop stuff, I bet is 33% over that. 

Those were the prices shown for those particular guitars. Uh ........ already 33% over what they should be ......... B) Or, what I'd pay for them, anyway. 

I think the blue 137 is rather unique.  Not a price point I'd be willing to pay, but its basically an uncarved top 150.  Video states its a veneer.

Now that Millie custom is down right EVIL, but in a good way.  That is a custom piece that I think will appeal to more "modern" rock guitarists than any other model.

Just a matter of who's willing to pay for it.

12 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

I think the blue 137 is rather unique.  Not a price point I'd be willing to pay, but its basically an uncarved top 150.  Video states its a veneer.

I don't doubt that Pete went with a veneer top on the 137 to keep the weight and thickness close to the standard model.  Adding 1/4" maple cap gets you into H150 weight and thickness.   That would almost make it an H140 Second Ed.

I custom ordered a H137 DC DELUXE. Back in 09.  It was to be a new model.  Vince and I came up with it.  It was a mahogany one piece body with a one piece flame veneer top.  Lollar dogears.   Rosewood with traps.   Bound and inlayed headstock.  It’s currently for sale on Reverb.   

For over twice the price I paid new.   Lol

Personally.. I like this group of guitars.  That 137 is mind blowing.. stunning finish, incredible abalone inlays,and I'm sure it feels great.  It would likely be my choice due to feature/ cost ratio. The 150 is sweet, but I don't see alot of upgrade features.  I've seen several Heritages in Trans Black like the 155 that have a cool look, that one adds unique inlay on the board and the headstock.   And certainly the Custom Eagle Classic is a winner... but like most handmade archtops these days, it won't come cheap. 

1 hour ago, TalismanRich said:

I don't doubt that Pete went with a veneer top on the 137 to keep the weight and thickness close to the standard model.  Adding 1/4" maple cap gets you into H150 weight and thickness.   That would almost make it an H140 Second Ed.

Its what Ron said in the video.  I doubt its a veneer too.

Archived