Heritage Owners Club

H535 solid wood/millennium DC?

jazzalicious

Has anyone ever seen a double cutaway millenium with the same body dimensions as the 535/555?

I’d love a 535 with small block but made of solid wood vs laminate 

eastman does this with their T184/185/186

I’m trying out a friends t184 and it’s really resonant due to solid woods and small block under bridge and tailpiece only.

Not to say eastman has issues with QC, but Heritage could make a great version with their build quality and QC.

I don't ever recall seeing a thinline with a carved top.   All of the thinline series (535, 555, Prospect, Academy and Roy Clark) used laminate tops, as does the Groove Master.   The Millennium has a carved top along with most of the archtops.    

The laminates are formed by with a press, whereas the carved tops are done on a special custom made pin router.   The base forms are not interchangeable, so its not a simple matter to change from one to the other.   Of course, once the duplicarver form is made, you can make them over and over.   

Probably the closest you would find would be an Eagle TDC (thin).   Its a single cutaway with carved top but a 25.5" scale and 17" body.   Its not a very common model.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 2:53 PM, pressure said:

Go custom.

Heritage Prospect with solid spruce top and solid quilted maple back. This Prospect is not arched, it is completely flat.

There are probably more custom Heritage guitars with solid woods.

Khgo2RK.jpg

Mr3nfwu.jpg

hWuTs2V.jpg

9kYnpXl.jpg

That remains one of the most beautiful guitars to come out of 225 Parsons!

Archived