Heritage Owners Club

Gary Moore Original Wiring

Jvr

Hi Heritage members,

I have a question about my Gary Moore Heritage.

It looks like the wiring is not original...so I'm searching for some original pictures of the Switch and pot cavity's.

Can someone help me out and take some pictures of the original wiring and mention the brand of the original pots.

Thanks a lot!!!

pots2.jpg

pots3.jpg

switch.jpg

WHile I appreciate the pictures of the cavaty and all, how about a picture of the guitar?

3 hours ago, brentrocks said:

That is definitely not original.

Originally it would have had EMG 25k pots and a 9V battery in the main cavity

Agreed.  1) I've never seen Heritage use ceramic capacitors.   Unless someone specs something different, they get Vishay ERO polyester caps.  2) Don't all EMG active pickups require a 9 volt battery? 

I would pull the pickups to determine the model number and then check out EMGs site to determine the proper wiring.  

According to the site Gary Moore's Guitars,  "Gary himself mostly used a modified version of the H150 model which had two EMG 81 active pickups. This guitar was eventually introduced as official Gary Moore signature model, but the company built a very limited number of them. "

http://www.emgpickups.com/guitar/humbucking/active-humbucking/81.html

Okay, treble switch os original and the EMG's. These are the questions I still have (and a picture of a orignal will help) :

Is the wiring original?.. . Probably not. if not...;

- (brand) pots are used. 

- capacitors are used 

-What are the values? (25k probably) 

wiringacthb.jpg

-what is the wiring schema? (probably a standard schema, like above) 

It is a Gary Moore guitar, so what is normally used, is maybe not the case for these series. 

So search for the real facts and not the  'I thinks' or 'normally Heritage uses'. 

Thanks, I hope there is someone out there! 

Jasper,

That could be original.   A 104 capacitor is 0.1 uF which is what is specified by EMG.   You could easily check the resistance on the pots to see if they are 25K.  

It appears that EMG is now providing a solderless "plug in" kit to aid in installation.  That probably was not available when that guitar was made in the early 90s.

If you bought that one from Jay Wolfe,  I would drop him an email.    He should be able to tell you the whole history on it.  He's very good about keeping track of that information.

Okay people, I have recieve the best answer you get...
I have contacted Bernd from the Gary Moore tribute band and he is the owner of THE!!! Gary Moore  heritage (owned by Gary Moore)
http://www.mooreandmore.de/prototype.htm

He send me the pictures and the internals are the same...

This was his answer:
The wiring is pretty much like a standard Les Paul, except the additional wire for the battery. The jack contains a switch that seperates the pickups from the battery when no plug is inserted. The potentometers have 25 KOhm for tone and 17 kOhm for volume but there is no brand name on them.

Archived