Heritage Owners Club

Gibson Factory

tonedeaf

"FedEx Logistics, a subsidiary of FedEx Corporation (FDX), announced that it will move its global headquarters to the former Gibson Guitar factory building in downtown Memphis, consolidating multiple locations and nearly 700 team members into the new location over the next several years."

Maybe now our guitars will get shipped with less damage?

I don't know enough about Memphis...but the Gibson tour/store was one of the few things that kept me stopping there. There's a few cool bars, and Beale st, but damn. I guess it's good for adding jobs on the one hand. That poor town, the people have it bad enough then every time they turn around the higher ups are pulling some **** like that joke "Bass Pro Shops." I hope FedEx didn't stoop that low. 

The Gibson factory building in Memphis is right next to my favorite hotel there (The Westin) and right on the other side of that hotel is the FedEx Forum sports arena. So in a way it kinda makes sense they'd move their HQ offices there. That in turn ought to make more room for them at their massive shipping depot they have located elsewhere in Memphis.

FedEx started in Memphis and its headquarters are in Memphis. Memphis has a long history of going bust all the way back to the late 1860s and 70s with Yellowfever outbreaks. Memphis has always been a high crime city since the 1820s with the biggest poverty issues the state. It is a gritty rough city and it is also the city I grew up in and learned to play the guitar in. My family lives there still as do many of my friends. The constant gritty ness is it’s charm and the secret to the great music that defines it as a city. I love Memphis and if you visit try doing so in May during the BBQ fest, it’s killer. 

Archived