Heritage Owners Club

Read the Manual!

pressure

I finally read the manual for my Bartel Sugerland (12 watt) amplifier. 

ucSRTQ5.jpg

TTaNMTS.jpg

Hmmm cable into another amp? Say what now.

I just happened to have another amp sitting around doing nothing to try this out.

A Mesa KingSnake (100 watts).

G1RQg4V.jpg

It worked! The dogs began to howl all over the neighborhood. I still can't hear anything and the police haven't shown up...yet.

Good Times.

Mr. Bartel, meet the King Snake!

It's called slaving.  One can also send a line out from the effects loop into another amp.  I use an attenuator to silence the first amp - fun stuff!

I looked on the back of the Mesa and it has an effects loop. So I line out from the Bartel into the guitar input of the Mesa then I could send an effects loop from the Mesa to another amp,  and I do have another combo sitting around doing nothing. 

Tone King Metropolitan (40 watts).

irt6uHQ.jpg

So now were talking about 12, +100, +40! Sounds like a party.

Hopefully I don't create some kind of space/time continuum warp, at least not before PSP12.

Zowiee! Turned all the amps and the guitar up to 10 then hit the infamous Hendrix chord.

Bang... i went flying through some kind of a tunnel in outer space for what seemed like seconds and landed  in a desolate area on Altair IV. I could see in the distance something traveling at a great rate of speed, kicking up a rooster tail of dust, and in seconds it stopped right in front of me. It was some kind of car driven by a ROBOT. The Robot had me get in and we drove off to a modern house quite a distance away. The Robot introduced me to Dr. Morbious who, after I explained what happened, told me I never should have hooked up the third amp. That third amp was bad JuJu, it was something the Krell told him to avoid at all costs. Krill right, ancient alien technology, who knew. He made a device to return me to Earth using that Krell tech. It took about seven years Earth time to make that machine but was only an instant on Earth and I'm back

Good times.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:30 PM, pressure said:

I finally read the manual for my Bartel Sugerland (12 watt) amplifier. 

[...]

It worked! The dogs began to howl all over the neighborhood. I still can't hear anything and the police haven't shown up...yet.

Good Times.

lol, well done, keep rockin'

• 4 weeks later...

Did you seal the rift closed when you got back?

I didn't. It's been problematic. 

Apparently 1100db will create a black hole and destroy the galaxy.

Reminded of Disaster Area, a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones. A band so loud that there concerts contravened local strategic arms limitation treaties

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2019 at 10:25 AM, Steiner said:

Mr. Bartel, meet the King Snake!

It's called slaving.  One can also send a line out from the effects loop into another amp.  I use an attenuator to silence the first amp - fun stuff!

Be careful about using that term down heah in the deep South. Might get you in trouble!

• 1 month later...

Archived