Heritage Owners Club

H-535 strap buttons

bobogypsy

1 hour ago, TalismanRich said:

The stock ones on my guitars are all like the generic ones from StewMac or the Fender Vintage ones.   

image.png.be2a847f3d7b66ac66b1498aebf97bd1.png

They aren't like Gibsons.

I've put Schaller Straplocks on my 140 and 525.

yep, I think Rich nailed it!

I have some Schaller straplocks, but also like the Loxx brand straplocks, worth checking out

6 hours ago, yoslate said:

The following is an editorial comment:  You're nuts if you don't employ some sort of strap lock.

oh come on!! disappointed you didn't try to work some kind of pun into that statement....

" you have a screw loose if you don't employ some sort of strap lock. "

*groan*

I employ a mix of things on different gtrs:

Grolsch beer washers ( these are the most fun, because when you need some more, IT IS NECESSARY TO DRINK BEER )

.50c steel washers screwed on permanently

Loxx straplocks

Schaller straplocks

I have a couple sets of those Dunlop straplocks, but they are crap so I don't use them

On 2/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, yoslate said:

The following is an editorial comment:  You're nuts if you don't employ some sort of strap lock.

I always get a chuckle out of posts like this. I've used a number of different brands of strap locks and to this date, the only guitars I've ever had fall off of a strap are the ones which had strap locks. I have never had a guitar fall off of regular strap buttons so that is all I use anymore.

If I were REALLY concerned about the guitar falling off of my strap, I would sooner go with a stainless steel "screw eye" from the hardware store combined with a heavy duty "D-ring" like Zakk Wylde and others use. This of course would also mean that you'll have to sell all the guitar cases you own and transport them in a bulk storage road vault with wheels. Or perhaps some heavy duty gig bags would work too. Hey... that gives me an idea!!

On 2/18/2019 at 10:37 PM, bolero said:

oh come on!! disappointed you didn't try to work some kind of pun into that statement....

" you have a screw loose if you don't employ some sort of strap lock. "

*groan*

Give me a little credit, Chris.  At least I didn't write: "Your nuts if you don't employ some sort of strap lock."  And Hangar, isn't your Rube Goldberg assembly a strap lock?

On 2/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, yoslate said:

I've been using the D'Addario elliptical strap buttons and it's very hard to remove the strap deliberately much less lose it accidentally with them.

Archived