Heritage Owners Club

Latest board update

Administrator

Latest updates to the IPB software fix some security issues, add some features. There is now a "Clubs" link up on the main menu. I haven't spelunked too far in to that, but it seems like  functionality with some real potential. For what remains to be seen.

PHP has also been updated to v7.2 (v7.1 was a requirement for IPB 4.4) and the most egregiously offensive modules--security-wise anyway--have been disabled. Any of you old timers remember the time the original board got hacked? Good times, for sure.  Where did the last 12 years go? Ah, anyway...

Lastly, Tapatalk integration has been fixed. I'd received a few notes that it was not working, though it didn't seem to affect everyone. I've tested both through the Tapatalk console and on my tablet and it seems to work.  I'm not sure anyone was using Forumrunner, but that has been disabled as it hadn't worked in year. I'm willing to work on restoring it if there's enough demand.

Thanks again for your patience and support. Best and warmest regards to all.

10 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Does this correct the issue with new members trying to sign up?

It looks like new membership is working.    Gryllus just joined about an hour ago.

The theme part seems to be missing somewhere.   I had switched to default white, but now I can't switch back.  

22 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

It looks like new membership is working.    Gryllus just joined about an hour ago.

The theme part seems to be missing somewhere.   I had switched to default white, but now I can't switch back.  

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page,  @TalismanRich, beneath that silly blue Twitter logo, there should be a drop down that says "Theme" (with a dark down arrow pointer thing next to it). Is it not there for you?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, pressure said:

Everytime I log in from my computer I get an email saying the HOC hasn't seen this device before. This is the same computer with the same browser I've been using since 2011. Just letting you know.

Same here.  However, even when I'm logged in, I get the email that an unidentified device from my location with a firefox browser has logged in.

Now the last time, I had opened the site through tapatalk, but that's only loaded on my iPhone.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:26 AM, pressure said:

Everytime I log in from my computer I get an email saying the HOC hasn't seen this device before. This is the same computer with the same browser I've been using since 2011. Just letting you know.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:29 PM, Blunote said:

Same here.  However, even when I'm logged in, I get the email that an unidentified device from my location with a firefox browser has logged in.

Now the last time, I had opened the site through tapatalk, but that's only loaded on my iPhone.

Yep, what Mr. Seacup said. Cookies are used whenever you want a web site to remember who you are. Most commonly when you are loading up an online shopping cart and the web site needs to remember everything you have in your shopping cart until you are ready to go to the checkout sequence. All of the different web browsers (ie Firefox , Internet Explorer, Chrome etc.) have ways to make changes to how cookies are handled. If cookies are set to be blocked 100% or deleted upon closing the web browser, certain web site functionality will be lost. You can also tell the browser to always remember specific web sites (pretty sure Firefox allows you to do that in the settings). There are also a lot of third party applications (programs/software) which go to town on wrecking cookies. Overall, cookies are very useful but they have gotten a bad reputation. Go through all your security settings in your web browsers and any third party security software you may be using to make sure that your computer does what you want it to do. Above all, remember this... "C" is for cookie, and that's good enough for me.

Right.  It seems to be happening when I open Tapatalk on phone. I'm not sure how that browser stores cookies.  I don't see a setting that controls it.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't find anything regarding Tapatalk settings that addresses this.  There's no settings for cookies that I'm aware of or could find in the iphone app and I don't get these notifications for other pages that are set up.  The app must be signing in to check activity and create notifications, but it's the HOC site that is sending the warning about a new device whenever I start tapatalk on my iphone (whether I open the HOC page or not).
If anyone else finds a way to fix this, let me know.

Archived