Heritage Owners Club
FranzMohamitz

The Heritage Buzz

Posted (edited)

My incessant plucking at the headstock aside (try it, it's fun! sounds like chimes, too!), I am still a fan of the guitars themselves. I had the H-127 out two days ago. The H-137D (original run, not the pretender with P90s series) is almost always close at hand.  The H-127 through the Lyle/Rob Vibrolux, by the way, is second only to the combination of same amp and #3 son's G&L Skyhawk (also original series, with the sickle headstock; well, he continues working that one off, so I guess it's still 68% mine, but you all know how these things go).  That amp is magical.  But I digress...

I'm firmly in the camp of, "yep, the old Heritage has passed", but I'm not firmly in the camp of "this is clearly a bad thing." A quality guitar is a quality guitar and I'm a sucker for value. The "old Heritage" pricing model was a gift, insofar as the absurdly low cost of really well-made new examples artificially depressed the secondary market. The lack of consistency (noted by Rob) also contributed to a non-artificially depressed secondary market. Finding the really well-made units in the used market was an adventure, especially back in 2007 or so. I think for the better part of a couple years the only buyers of used Heritage guitars were me and Brent (mostly Brent)! 

I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know the original crew and the good folks of the HOC. At a point pretty early on in the HOC, though, the guitars became a secondary concern for me. I hope the new guard find their own mojo and a sustainable business model too. The Heritage heritage would be a helluva thing to lose completely. 

Edited by Dick Seacup
  • Like 3

How could anyone not like this headstock?  

1405640553_H575head.thumb.JPG.e8fbf08cc725de8e168f4c36502ec902.JPG

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dick Seacup said:

The H-127 through the Lyle/Rob Vibrolux, by the way, is second only to the combination of same amp and #3 son's G&L Skyhawk (also original series, with the sickle headstock; well, he continues working that one off, so I guess it's still 68% mine, but you all know how these things go).  That amp is magical.  But I digress...

I can't tell you how glad I am to hear this, John!  So glad it wound up at your house. So glad you enjoy it!  Should you ever want to move it....  The circle could remain unbroken.  Hope you're thawing.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:52 AM, Vanschoyck said:

How could anyone not like this headstock?  

1405640553_H575head.thumb.JPG.e8fbf08cc725de8e168f4c36502ec902.JPG

I think it looks overly complex.

Looks like they extended it just to get the words on it.

Im going to get mine out of the cupboard and smash out an open G chord. This threads inspired me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Buzzzzzzz....

"I hear a lotta buzzing
Sound like my little honey bee
I hear a lotta buzzing
Sound like my little honey bee
She been all around the world making honey
But now she is coming back home to me

Sail on
Sail on my little honey bee, sail on"

Muddy Waters