Heritage Owners Club

NEW HERITAGE GUITARS ON THE WALL AT KALAMAZOO GC

brentrocks

11 hours ago, MisterG said:

I was there a couple weeks ago (right before these came in).  They said the Kalamazoo GC was one of about a handful that would stock new Heritage Guitars.

Sort of makes sense.

I've always wondered why the old guys didn't market to Sweetwater. 

Come Christmas, they'll probably be priced reduced.  Hanging them up high keeps them out of reach and no one will play them.  Then again, you won't have a bunch of unsupervised teenagers banging them around while testing the latest Mustang 1 amp.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the same in the Atlanta GC today... 3 150's and 2 535's.

Played both 535's and one of the 150's in dirty lemon. All three had a decent set up and sounded great through a marshall.  

This is the only way they will succeed. The old business model was outdated. And it didn't make the former owners rich by any means. Fortunately we were beneficiaries of that outdated model. 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:28 AM, DetroitBlues said:

Come Christmas, they'll probably be priced reduced.  

Which is a terrible business model for a guitar store. The reason for many closures!

12 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

Which is a terrible business model for a guitar store. The reason for many closures!

Very true.  But year end deep discounts are one of the strategies big box retailers must implement to avoid massive inventory taxes.

45 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

Every year, for the past 10 years just about you'll see significantly reduced prices on the high-end outgoing models... I'll wager Heritage will be there too, even though there are only a handful out there.

Really wish Heritage was sold at Sweetwater or SamAsh... Stores that really know the product and take care of both the customers and the suppliers.

1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said:

Every year, for the past 10 years just about you'll see significantly reduced prices on the high-end outgoing models... I'll wager Heritage will be there too, even though there are only a handful out there.

Really wish Heritage was sold at Sweetwater or SamAsh... Stores that really know the product and take care of both the customers and the suppliers.

Gotta love Sweetwater!

Archived