Heritage Owners Club

H-150 online at GC: odd (to me) serial number stamp

funkapus

While browsing GC's used entries online, I came upon an H-150CM that had a serial number stamp that looked weird to me.  I have two Heritage guitars; both of them, and all the pictures of serial numbers I've seen from before the two-letter SNs started, have had the serial number in a smaller font, with the leading letter (indicating year) on the same line.  The one at GC has a huge font, with the letter vertically separated from the number.  You can see the pic at:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/The-Heritage/2007-H-150CM-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc

Did Heritage do a lot of SNs this way, and I've just missed it?  Uncommon, but still normal?  A fake?  Just curious.

2 hours ago, funkapus said:

While browsing GC's used entries online, I came upon an H-150CM that had a serial number stamp that looked weird to me.  I have two Heritage guitars; both of them, and all the pictures of serial numbers I've seen from before the two-letter SNs started, have had the serial number in a smaller font, with the leading letter (indicating year) on the same line.  The one at GC has a huge font, with the letter vertically separated from the number.  You can see the pic at:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/The-Heritage/2007-H-150CM-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc

Did Heritage do a lot of SNs this way, and I've just missed it?  Uncommon, but still normal?  A fake?  Just curious.

That's a nice looking H150 with an upgraded bound headstock and pearl inlayed "The Heritage".

47 minutes ago, Joe said:

When did they do that?

It's my H-140CM.. I think it's a 1989.  I've got a photo of the label somewhere.  We discussed this way back when I got it.   I don't know how many were done this way, maybe they were having an issue with the stamper....   

blob.thumb.png.b94fbd8c08709e9c901288bbe74d85e7.png

On 3/13/2019 at 9:14 AM, funkapus said:

Man I wish I hadn't visited this thread!  That was my first Heritage guitar ?

You never forget your first ?  She was NOS when I got her.  No holes drilled for a pickguard.  Beautiful Sperzel tuners. Still looks "ok" but she'll never be the same.

Wish I had kept her, but that sale led me to my second... And my third, etc.  ?

fullplus.jpg

18 minutes ago, myoldfriend said:

Man I wish I hadn't visited this thread!  That was my first Heritage guitar ?

You never forget your first ?  She was NOS when I got her.  No holes drilled for a pickguard.  Beautiful Sperzel tuners. Still looks "ok" but she'll never be the same.

Wish I had kept her, but that sale led me to my second... And my third, etc.  ?

Your first 'gateway' Heritage drug.  LOL!

Glad you got her back. 

Archived