Heritage Owners Club

Incoming - I was looking for a 150LW...

PunkKitty

2 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

Agreed. But I plan to keep this one.

This shows wisdom and taste. I'm still very grateful that you parted with the Millie that found its way to me. It really brings the best out of me.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:06 PM, Yooper said:

This shows wisdom and taste. I'm still very grateful that you parted with the Millie that found its way to me. It really brings the best out of me.

So there really is a best in you? Just kidding Dave....

I received the guitar yesterday and opened the box this morning. This guitar is much nicer than I expected. It plays like butter. And it's gorgeous. I'm not a big fan of the 59s, so they will likely get changed at some point. I'm debating between Seths and Lollar Imperials. I might even go for a set of Throbaks. Other suggestions are welcome.

3 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

PK, I have Seths in my Millie Eagle and really dig them.  However, if you have the Duckets for Throbaks, that would be my first choice.

THIS gitfiddle deserves the best!

I decided to look for a set of HRW's. That's really what a nice Heritage like this deserves.

9 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

I received the guitar yesterday and opened the box this morning. This guitar is much nicer than I expected. It plays like butter. And it's gorgeous. I'm not a big fan of the 59s, so they will likely get changed at some point. I'm debating between Seths and Lollar Imperials. I might even go for a set of Throbaks. Other suggestions are welcome.

My suggestion is, I will spare you that expense if you will sell it to me! 

49 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

My suggestion is, I will spare you that expense if you will sell it to me! 

It's yours for $3,000. I'll even include shipping.

After playing this quite a bit today, I think I'm going to leave it stock. By dialing back the tone, I was able to get some really nice sounds with my amps. There's no sense in fixing what isn't broken.

2 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

That is a cool looking guitar! If you ever do decide to change pickups give a listen to these. I've installed 3 sets of these now and each guitar took to them like peanut butter to jelly...

https://tysontone.com/product/precious-and-grace-pafs/

Man, you do have a nose!  So...maybe oranges to tangelos here, but I'll stick my neck out in comparing these to an actual set of PAF's.  First, it's a video...on a computer.  OK.  Second, it's a 335.  Third, he's playing into a Blues Jr.  Nothing in common with my experience.  Fourth, we all hear differently.  That (and it is a bunch) having been said....  Since putting my '61 PAF's and harness into the 8.4 lb. Custom Shop Goldtop, I've tried to figure out (completely unscientifically) how to characterize what, if anything, they have that clones might not, or might not have to the same degree.  So let's get this out of the way: Maybe the fact that I dropped a bundle on them?  But, after countless hours playing them through a bunch of different amps, live, in the studio, at the house, in rehearsal, I'm here to say there is something about my PAF's, to my ears.  Diamonds are all different stones, cut differently, but according to certain basic principles.  Different, but the same.  Pickups, different components, wound differently.  Different, but the same.  With diamonds and pickups, some just have desirable characteristics in more pleasing combinations than others.  This set, right here, really seems to have whatever combination of facets, whatever refractive quality of that set of PAF's with which I have a lot of experience.  Jeez these sound great! 

1 hour ago, yoslate said:

Man, you do have a nose!  So...maybe oranges to tangelos here, but I'll stick my neck out in comparing these to an actual set of PAF's.  First, it's a video...on a computer.  OK.  Second, it's a 335.  Third, he's playing into a Blues Jr.  Nothing in common with my experience.  Fourth, we all hear differently.  That (and it is a bunch) having been said....  Since putting my '61 PAF's and harness into the 8.4 lb. Custom Shop Goldtop, I've tried to figure out (completely unscientifically) how to characterize what, if anything, they have that clones might not, or might not have to the same degree.  So let's get this out of the way: Maybe the fact that I dropped a bundle on them?  But, after countless hours playing them through a bunch of different amps, live, in the studio, at the house, in rehearsal, I'm here to say there is something about my PAF's, to my ears.  Diamonds are all different stones, cut differently, but according to certain basic principles.  Different, but the same.  Pickups, different components, wound differently.  Different, but the same.  With diamonds and pickups, some just have desirable characteristics in more pleasing combinations than others.  This set, right here, really seems to have whatever combination of facets, whatever refractive quality of that set of PAF's with which I have a lot of experience.  Jeez these sound great! 

They really do sound great, and I really think they'd make Punk Kitty's Millenium sing, as I'm pretty sure they would be a bit more open (double tones) than any humbucker pickup (ie Schaller, Seth lover, Lollar, HRW, Pearly Gates, etc) that Heritage ever used, except for maybe some Throbaks that forum member Skydog (Paul, Green Oak guitars) had in some of his custom orders. I asked Bobby Tyson to wind me a set for my Zemaitis that would give me that Faces tone, and listen how organic they feel on this Bob Dylan cover I did, you can hear how they react well to both slide and the finger style fills towards the end...

Archived