Heritage Owners Club

What exact model H150 do I own?

Rolandc

Hi all,

My name is Roland, I'm 28 y/o and I live in The Netherlands. Since a few days I'm a proud owner of my first Heritage guitar, a 2005 H150.

Been looking at buying a Heritage for years. But now finally one crossed my path and after testing it out, I had to buy it!

Except for the stopbar tailpiece the guitar is pretty much original, I think.

Does anybody know what exact model it is? CM / CM Deluxe / CM Ultra?

What does CM stand for btw?

Thank's in advance.

Regards,

Roland

A2A0706D-AE75-41F2-BB74-34BF68BDB643.JPEG

6A2FDFCA-29B8-4448-BF3E-A18E4C070753-18607-00000AFC756CAAA1.JPG

11 hours ago, bolero said:

that's a nice H150!!!

congrats!

ps is it orange? hard to tell from the lighting...but isn't orange the national colour of Netherlands?

Thank you for all the reply’s!

Orange is indeed the national colour of The Netherlands! But the guitar has a finish that’s called ‘Faded Cherry’. It has faded even more over time, under the pickup covers it’s a little more red than the rest of the body. 

The guitar is a bit heavy (little over 10 lbs) but sounds & plays so darn good! So I’m okay with the weight. 

Cheers! 

That's a nice looking 150.

I wonder what pickups are in that one.    It looks to have the Schaller rings, but only one screw per side which may mean pickup change.   As FredZepp said, check the inside of the pickup cavity as any factory pickup changes would be noted there.   

Next time you change the strings, it might be good to pull the pickups to see what it has.

On 4/3/2019 at 5:42 PM, TalismanRich said:

That's a nice looking 150.

I wonder what pickups are in that one.    It looks to have the Schaller rings, but only one screw per side which may mean pickup change.   As FredZepp said, check the inside of the pickup cavity as any factory pickup changes would be noted there.   

Next time you change the strings, it might be good to pull the pickups to see what it has.

I checked the pickups, it has SD ‘59’s in it.

They are a little hotter than the Antiquity pickups that I have in my Gibson Les Paul.

But I quite like them,  when I roll the volume off just a little the pickups get super articulate  & sweet sounding. And at the same time when I want they can get real throaty. I’ll leave them in for the time being! 

57EA016E-742F-463A-AEEE-2FF4E6BE7AD4.jpeg

It could be that's the original set, just by looking at the depth of the hole in the neck cavity.   SD59s have the long legs and on many earlier 150s, the route isn't deep enough to accommodate the full length legs.   Schallers had short legs.    

I ran into that issue when I tried installing a set of Seth Lovers into my 157.  I couldn't get the pickups low enough to clear the strings.   My H140 had just enough room to fit a set of Alnico Pro IIs, but I can't adjust the neck pickup any lower.

I wonder if someone had installed a Gibson pickguard on it at some point? I see there are two holes for the pickguard

is the hole in a different spot on a G?

not a big deal though IMO; and you can't see it anyway, once the guard is on

beauty gtr!

I like the colour

I really don't understand the change to the Gibson style pick guard.   I like the way the Heritage guard follows the flow of the guitar.   I really like the wooden guard on my 157 the best.   But that's a personal preference.   If I wanted everything to look like a Gibson,  I would have bought a Gibson.

11 hours ago, bolero said:

I wonder if someone had installed a Gibson pickguard on it at some point? I see there are two holes for the pickguard

is the hole in a different spot on a G?

not a big deal though IMO; and you can't see it anyway, once the guard is on

beauty gtr!

I like the colour

The Prince of Orange has spoken.  ;^)

knock knock

"who's there? "

banana...

"banana who?"

knock knock

"who's there? "

banana...

"banana who?"

knock knock

"who's there? "

banana...

"banana who?"

knock knock

"who's there? "

orange...

"orange who?

orange you glad, I didn't say banana again?

21 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

I really don't understand the change to the Gibson style pick guard.   I like the way the Heritage guard follows the flow of the guitar.   I really like the wooden guard on my 157 the best.   But that's a personal preference.   If I wanted everything to look like a Gibson,  I would have bought a Gibson.

agree 100% !!!

On 4/6/2019 at 4:57 PM, TalismanRich said:

I really don't understand the change to the Gibson style pick guard.   I like the way the Heritage guard follows the flow of the guitar.  

+1000 The H150 pickguards really do fit well with the body shape. Somebody mounted an LP pickguard on my first H150 and I hated it, and I'm the biggest Gibson fanboy ever! 

Archived