Heritage Owners Club

New here ! and a little bit confused..

Zeldoom

Hi there guys! 

First let me introduce myself. 

I am 28 years old, playing guitar over 11 years now. I own Mesa Boogie amp and a USA G&L guitar (with P-90 like pickups) .

I decided that i want to buy another guitar and i started looking for Humbucker guitar (Les Paul /ES )... 

Recently, a local guitar shop in my country announced that they are going to work with Heritage Guitars and imports there guitars soon... I started to investigate the Heritage Guitars models and i got a little confused :( . it seems that that there are a lot of models, but in the Heritage Guitars website they present only 6 models.

The main models which really attracted me was the H-150 and the H-535. (I saw that there is H-555 model, and again i didn't know what the difference exactly)

Is there any Catalog or Dealer Price List files which updated to 2019 which can show me all the models and all the Finishes available (free or in charge) ?

I would like to hear your explanation as well  about all the models available today.

Thanks ! and sorry for my English.

Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

Heritage has gone through some changes over the past few years and reduced their offerings to a few core models. The H-150 and H-535 are their most popular models. The H-555 is similar to the H-535 but with more custom options like an ebony fretboard and nicer inlays. Other guitars can be ordered through the custom shop. Their website provides the most current information. 

7 hours ago, Zeldoom said:

Hi there guys! 

First let me introduce myself. 

I am 28 years old, playing guitar over 11 years now. I own Mesa Boogie amp and a USA G&L guitar (with P-90 like pickups) .

I decided that i want to buy another guitar and i started looking for Humbucker guitar (Les Paul /ES )... 

Recently, a local guitar shop in my country announced that they are going to work with Heritage Guitars and imports there guitars soon... I started to investigate the Heritage Guitars models and i got a little confused :( . it seems that that there are a lot of models, but in the Heritage Guitars website they present only 6 models.

The main models which really attracted me was the H-150 and the H-535. (I saw that there is H-555 model, and again i didn't know what the difference exactly)

Is there any Catalog or Dealer Price List files which updated to 2019 which can show me all the models and all the Finishes available (free or in charge) ?

I would like to hear your explanation as well  about all the models available today.

Thanks ! and sorry for my English.

Yes, I agree with what PunkKitty said. The H-150 and H-535 are very good guitars. Perhaps you would like to get one of each as they are both very worthy instruments. Otherwise, you will need to choose whether you prefer the sound of a semi-hollow body guitar or a solid body guitar. It is a very difficult task to have to choose one of the other because each is very good in their own unique way.

The factory has done LOTS of different finishes.   For the core guitars, they have narrowed the selection.    You would have to contact the factory about options and pricing.   If you look through the gallery you should get an idea as to what can be done.    They have done some amazing work.   I think Almond Sunburst and Vintage Wine Burst are great, and the 535 in a faded cherry is my favorite.

The 535 is a wonderful guitar. 

52 minutes ago, TalismanRich said:

The factory has done LOTS of different finishes.   For the core guitars, they have narrowed the selection.    You would have to contact the factory about options and pricing.   If you look through the gallery you should get an idea as to what can be done.    They have done some amazing work.   I think Almond Sunburst and Vintage Wine Burst are great, and the 535 in a faded cherry is my favorite.

The 535 is a wonderful guitar. 

Thanks ! I'll definitely contact the factory abot the options and the pricing. 

Almond Sunburst looks amazing !

OK guys , i contacted the customer service about getting a H-535 with just Amber Translucent  instead of their regular finished. They said i have to contact the Custom Shop service and they will give me a quote. 

The custom shop service told me that because they dont make guitars with this finish they need to make this guitar from the Custom Shop department and it will cost me 4100$ . is that make sense? i saw a PDF file (which i added below) from 2017 that show the cost of any option in the guitar separately.. Are they don't work like that anymore?   

Thanks !

2017HeritagePriceList.pdf

1 hour ago, Zeldoom said:

OK guys , i contacted the customer service about getting a H-535 with just Amber Translucent  instead of their regular finished. They said i have to contact the Custom Shop service and they will give me a quote. 

The custom shop service told me that because they dont make guitars with this finish they need to make this guitar from the Custom Shop department and it will cost me 4100$ . is that make sense? i saw a PDF file (which i added below) from 2017 that show the cost of any option in the guitar separately.. Are they don't work like that anymore?   

$4100 for a H535????  That kind of mark up for a not so "custom" finish is just absurd.  

I'd highly suggest doing what 95% of the current Heritage owners around here have done and find what your looking for used.  You'll likely pay half of what they're asking for a guitar these days and will also find yourself with an vast amount of choices in model, finish and upgrades. 

https://reverb.com/brand/heritage

Good choice on a Heritage though....they are great guitars!

7 hours ago, FranzMohamitz said:

$4100 for a H535????  That kind of mark up for a not so "custom" finish is just absurd.  

I'd highly suggest doing what 95% of the current Heritage owners around here have done and find what your looking for used.  You'll likely pay half of what they're asking for a guitar these days and will also find yourself with an vast amount of choices in model, finish and upgrades. 

https://reverb.com/brand/heritage

Good choice on a Heritage though....they are great guitars!

Wow I just went to their new web site. I was knocked over by the prices and lack of options. Custom shop,,,  Dont even think about it.  

that is a good point; for comparison, what does Gibson charge for custom options like that?

and over $11,000 for a custom shop Les Paul in Pressure's link...mind you, it appears a lot of those have a Brazilian fretboard, but still, that is basically an H150

We were all lucky to buy new Heritage guitars back when they were including all those finish options. Maybe someday they will go back to that model

11 hours ago, CJTopes said:

Wow I just went to their new web site. I was knocked over by the prices and lack of options. Custom shop,,,  Dont even think about it.  

7 hours ago, bolero said:

that is a good point; for comparison, what does Gibson charge for custom options like that?

and over $11,000 for a custom shop Les Paul in Pressure's link...mind you, it appears a lot of those have a Brazilian fretboard, but still, that is basically an H150

We were all lucky to buy new Heritage guitars back when they were including all those finish options. Maybe someday they will go back to that model

Are you guys saying the Heritage Guitars want selling gutiars and the other optinos in this price before 2019 ? i am so unlucky... 

I bought a custom order Prospect about two years ago and I paid $2400. It doesn't look like it's a standard offering anymore so I cant tell you what it would be now. I have a feeling it would be considerably more. 

I was thinking about selling my CS336 and ordering a custom H155 double cut but that's out of the question now.  

Many of us were spoiled/lucky to purchase customs and options prior to the ownership change. When I was 18 and had the coin to purchase my first Les Paul, there were two options. Black custom with humbuckers or goldtop with p90's, that was 1968 and we were lucky Gibson decided to make single cut solid bodies again. 

Unless the current colour options are dealbreakers for you, a 2019 535 is still a great deal. 

Time can change me but I can't change time.

A standard H535 is around $2800.    I can't believe they quoted $4100 for just a color change.

It would be proper to actually publish something with regards to their pricing.   I can see a significant upcharge for things like different inlays,  3 or 5 piece necks,  upgraded headstock and or 5 way binding),  but $1300 for a finish upgrade seems pretty steep.   I can see 1 or 200 as a reasonable charge.

I guess that's another reason to attend PSP to talk to the folks at the factory and see what the story is.

(and yes,  Pressure is probably setting the standard for custom builds.   "its stock except for the wood,  hardware,  finish,  pickups and frets."  :laughing7:)

1 hour ago, HANGAR18 said:

But I think my guitar buying days are gone.

Me too brother.  I need an new camera more than a new guitar.  For the price of a very nice used Heritage I could get a new full frame camera and all of the batteries I would ever need.   

Zeldoom, shop used.  You can find very good deals on used Heritage Guitars.  As for your English... it is better than mine. 

Hi guys , thanks for all the answers ! 

I got this mail from Mike from the Custom Shop Department : 

"This is an old price sheet that is no longer in service. Also, we no longer charge this way as you mentioned. We've since created a Standard Collection and have the custom shop for everything else. As such, for a custom H-535 in Vintage Sunburst, the price would be $4199, and it would include the (ebony) pickguard as part of the package. We apologize for the confusion.

We do plan on selling items like the pickguards on our website in the future, likely in the next year. Until then, if you have a Heritage guitar currently, you can have an ebony pickguard made by a local luthier, or order them from a custom pickguard maker online.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Mike"

Its sucks a little they do not charge this way anymore... :(
12 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

Zeldoom, shop used.  You can find very good deals on used Heritage Guitars.  As for your English... it is better than mine. 

I will defintley consider this ,  but the delivery will cost me alot ( i am from Israel)

Archived