Heritage Owners Club

Ye Olde "HOC Member World Map"

Gitfiddler

Back in the early days of the HOC site, there was a world map showing the locations of all members.  That was a cool feature that does not appear to be on the current website.

Any interest in reviving the map?

Sure, I remember that section.  But how many of those originals are still around?  I don't see a lot of international participation lately.

We've had several from Australia,  the UK is well represented, and I think recently Italy and Netherlands have popped up..   Not too many people put their location in their profile, so that makes it hard to catch, unless they make a comment in  a post. 

13 hours ago, AP515 said:

Sure, I remember that section.  But how many of those originals are still around?  I don't see a lot of international participation lately.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:53 PM, TalismanRich said:

We've had several from Australia,  the UK is well represented, and I think recently Italy and Netherlands have popped up..   Not too many people put their location in their profile, so that makes it hard to catch, unless they make a comment in  a post. 

And only ONE member from Louisville KY!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the map. I always think it is neat to see from what basic locations different members are. I can only imagine that the number of active users has dropped significantly from the HOC's heyday. I was one of those that dropped off. 

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the map too but a lot of people didn't use it. However, everyone does have the option to post your geographical location in your profile so that it will appear under your user name and avatar each time you post something in a thread. That would be the next best thing. Not sure offhand if the new board software does a map thing or not.

Archived