Heritage Owners Club

Mesa Rectoverb 25

tsp17

I love the hell out of mine but I'm not sure how to describe the cleans specifically.
The Mark Five:25 has the Lonestar circuit in it for cleans which many regard to be an outstanding clean channel. (I own that one too.)
I'll see if I can research what circuit they are using in the Recvoverb 25.

3 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I love the hell out of mine but I'm not sure how to describe the cleans specifically.
The Mark Five:25 has the Lonestar circuit in it for cleans which many regard to be an outstanding clean channel. (I own that one too.)
I'll see if I can research what circuit they are using in the Recvoverb 25.

Thank you!

The rectoverb has a very usable clean, IMHO. I played with a used one for a good half hour at guitar center.  It's not a "fender clean" though, but it's definitely nice. They definitely gave more thought to the clean channels on rectifier amps with reverb.

I have a TremoVerb, which while being an older design, still has a very nice clean. The Tremoverb however also has the Spongy Variac, and Tube rectifier, both of which can work to the detriment of a nice chimey clean channel.

3 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

The rectoverb has a very usable clean, IMHO. I played with a used one for a good half hour at guitar center.  It's not a "fender clean" though, but it's definitely nice. They definitely gave more thought to the clean channels on rectifier amps with reverb.

I have a TremoVerb, which while being an older design, still has a very nice clean. The Tremoverb however also has the Spongy Variac, and Tube rectifier, both of which can work to the detriment of a nice chimey clean channel.

Thank you!

21 hours ago, tsp17 said:

Thank you!

Also, you may want to look at the Fillmore 25 as well. It's a somewhat newer design, and doesn't have quite the gain that the Rectoverb has, but still has plenty, and it's running 6V6 tubes, which are a bit chimier than the EL84s in the Rectoverb.

OVerall though the Fillmore is much more of a ROCK amp, while the Rectoverb can maybe cover more territory.  There are LOTS of clips out there of both amps.

13 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

Also, you may want to look at the Fillmore 25 as well. It's a somewhat newer design, and doesn't have quite the gain that the Rectoverb has, but still has plenty, and it's running 6V6 tubes, which are a bit chimier than the EL84s in the Rectoverb.

OVerall though the Fillmore is much more of a ROCK amp, while the Rectoverb can maybe cover more territory.  There are LOTS of clips out there of both amps.

thanks.  I'm also interested in the new California Tweed....

I love my 6L6 poweredExpress 5:50+, looking for something smaller/lighter to gig.

3 hours ago, tsp17 said:

thanks.  I'm also interested in the new California Tweed....

I love my 6L6 poweredExpress 5:50+, looking for something smaller/lighter to gig.

I've been looking at that new tweed amp too. A little too hard. I don't think I need one, but... you know...

19 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I've been looking at that new tweed amp too. A little too hard. I don't think I need one, but... you know...

yes i do indeed.  it looks just right.

The Cali Tweed really is a nice amp, especially for those who really want some power amp tube growl in their sound. The ability to choose from all those different power amp configurations to get 2 to 40 watts? daaananaanang.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived