Heritage Owners Club

NGD 2004 Heritage H-535

Otter359

Thant's a fine looking H-535!  I'm wondering if what you see on the back of the headstock is a "2"  - that would mean it's a second but much of the time you would have a hard time seeing what made it a second.  Enjoy your new Heritage!

Thanks! It has a good neck, very resonant, and the pickups are mellow and very clear.

Nobody at the shop could tell why it was a second, but I think I found the reason. There's a crack in the side on the treble side horn at the top near the back-side binding about 1-1.5 inches long. I am  kinda concerned about it, although it sounds and feels like a great guitar. Pics of the crack to come...

14 hours ago, Otter359 said:

I have no way to verify, but the previous owner said it belonged to a luthier at Heritage before him.

I think this is what happened.  They would let employees build guitars for a discount every now and then and justify it by placing a 2 on the back of the head stock.  My Heritage acoustic has a 2 on the back but Marv Lamb couldn't tell me why to was a second.  Marv told me the story...

Very nice guitar.  I played my 535 for a few minutes tonight.  Fantastic guitars. 

13 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Nice 535.

If you want, you could cover the holes with an ES355 "custom made" plate.  Or have some other message custom engraved.

image.png.c72361e245de386fb36a7f0de0415e88.png

I’ve been looking at these! Was also thinking about something else engraved. Nickname or something 

Archived