Heritage Owners Club

H 530 pickup adjustment

TBurstStd

Still loving the 530.  I can lower the action a bit though, but the strings hit the bridge pup.  I have that pup down all it will go.  Do my eyes deceive me or is there a spacer between the pups and body?

Can you remove it? IE enough cavity room, etc?

Do my eyes deceive me or is there a spacer between the pups and body?

Can you remove it? There was on my p90 Prospect. You can a purchase a spacer kit from Lollar remove it entirely or sand it down.  

• 2 weeks later...

Pull the pickup out, take the spacer off and replace the pickup. See how the clearance is and the tone. If it is good then you are done. If there is plenty of clearance and it sounds weak then you can raise the screws and see how that does or get a thinner spacer and try that. When the pickups are low and the screws raised, IMO, some cool tones can be found. I think it sounds more old school or vintage like, a bit more treble but not weak and thin and more honkey, classic old P90s. It goes well with the fuller body sound of a full hollow guitar.  There are two magnets on P90s so they can have more effect on the vibrations of the strings so with the pickups lower the strings are less effected. 

Archived