Heritage Owners Club

So this happened today... (Mesa Subway D800)

So this happened today... My guitar collection is one lighter and I wound up using it to do a deal at my local Ma'&Pa' guitar shop, Thus, I came home with a brand new Mesa Subway D800 bass guitar amp and a pre-owned Mesa 2x12 bass cabinet to pair with it.

https://www.mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/bass/subway-series/subway-d800/index.html

This also means that since I don't need any more than one bass guitar amp, my Carvin MB210 and the 1x18 vintage Carvin extension cab are going on Craigslist very soon. Nothing technically wrong with the Carvin rig, and I know there are Carvin enthusiasts among us here, so you might ask why the change? After all, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Well, at the top of the list of advantages, I'll be getting 400 watts out of this Mesa setup as opposed to the maximum of 250 watts I get from the Carvin, the Mesa rig will be easier to move as the amp head is a featherweight compared to the MB210 combo and the cabinet comes with its own wheels. Not only that but I have the brand stability of Mesa/Boogie which, unlike Carvin, is still in business.

No need to mention any tone comparison between the two because I think that between both the the extremely versatile bass guitars that I own and the very versatile abilities of either of these bass rigs, I feel that either one can deliver a perfectly acceptable tone according to whatever anyone may be looking for. That being said, I'm also pretty confident that if these two rigs ever had to go up against each other in a mass appeal popularity contest, that the Mesa would win just for the credibility of the brand name alone. I also seriously doubt that anyone on this planet would ever hear one of these Mesa Subway amps and have anything bad to say about the tone.

MESA Subway_D800.jpg

Well done, Hangar18.  I'm a big fan of Carvin bass amps and all things Mesa. 

I need to sell my old Carvin RL210 + 1x15 bass rig and get something more manageable like a Subway.  Micro bass heads are the way to go...especially as one ages.  :wacko:

7 hours ago, Conneazoo said:

Nice!!

You know, in the grand scheme of the country, you basically live right around the corner from me. We should have a brew sometime! 

Beer is good.

Beer is in fact good! PM me your contact info and I'll get you on the backyard BBQ invite list.

1 hour ago, HANGAR18 said:

I'm trying to remember what I paid for the Carvin MB210 combo new.
Anyone remember what they used to cost new?
I'm trying to figure out a reasonable used asking price.

Reverb sold listings $350 pretty reliably.

11 minutes ago, CJTopes said:

I have a Mesa TA-15 lunch box amp. There's a lot to be said about these new smaller amps. Big sound - small package. 

I just found an old Anderton's video I'd never seen before where Rob Chapman had hair just like I once did.

H18_6058.jpg

Archived