Heritage Owners Club

So, one time I was perusing the classifieds here

skydog

and you won't believe this, but I swear it's true; the item was still available! I know, I know, you doubt me, but I swear it was still for sale! All kidding aside, is there no way we can extend the ability to edit the title to “SOLD”?

The OP is supposed to enter the word sold in an entry when the item sells.

Under the old board software, I used to periodically do some housecleaning and make the sold items disappear. But using the new board software, I have personally experienced some technical difficulties performing that action. However, I'll give it another try and see if I have better luck this time.

I'm a moderator on another Forum where the OP writes "Sold" in the Title of the original post and I delete the post.  Seems to work pretty well.  The other thing that is done there is that any FS post over 30 days is deleted as well to avoid confusion if an item is sold or not.  OP has to repost if it has not sold and it is still for sale. 

The OP should put "Sold" if it is sold. 

The marketplace here is provided free, with responsibility in follow-through or corrections left to the original poster.

Deleting a for-sale post gets rid of history, which often contains valuable information that is relevant to those doing their homework for a new purchase or sating of GAS.

I concur that it'd be a nice little feature to be able to switch headers between FS/FSOT/ST/WTB/SOLD. I also think long term bumps for certain threads isn't a bad thing like "Golden Eagle Club" etc... Not a complaint by any means, just sending out some wishes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 7:20 AM, mars_hall said:

The OP should put "Sold" if it is sold. 

The marketplace here is provided free, with responsibility in follow-through or corrections left to the original poster.

Deleting a for-sale post gets rid of history, which often contains valuable information that is relevant to those doing their homework for a new purchase or sating of GAS.

This is also very important for search engines. Keeping old content really helps with ranks.

most larger boards have a pruning system and a sub forum specifically for old items.

I use custom plugin and script to do it, but it could be done manually also.

Archived