Heritage Owners Club
Sign in to follow this  
skydog

So, one time I was perusing the classifieds here

Posted (edited)

and you won't believe this, but I swear it's true; the item was still available! I know, I know, you doubt me, but I swear it was still for sale! All kidding aside, is there no way we can extend the ability to edit the title to “SOLD”?

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

The OP is supposed to enter the word sold in an entry when the item sells.

Under the old board software, I used to periodically do some housecleaning and make the sold items disappear. But using the new board software, I have personally experienced some technical difficulties performing that action. However, I'll give it another try and see if I have better luck this time.

Most contain the word sold in the very last post, which, of course, doesn't really help.

Deleting the post is probably the best way...

Posted (edited)

I'm a moderator on another Forum where the OP writes "Sold" in the Title of the original post and I delete the post.  Seems to work pretty well.  The other thing that is done there is that any FS post over 30 days is deleted as well to avoid confusion if an item is sold or not.  OP has to repost if it has not sold and it is still for sale. 

Edited by Jaguarguy
  • Like 1

The OP should put "Sold" if it is sold. 

The marketplace here is provided free, with responsibility in follow-through or corrections left to the original poster.

Deleting a for-sale post gets rid of history, which often contains valuable information that is relevant to those doing their homework for a new purchase or sating of GAS.

Is the OP allowed to edit the title to read “SOLD”?

4 hours ago, skydog said:

Is the OP allowed to edit the title to read “SOLD”?

The software times out the ability of the author to make changes after a few minutes

it only works for quick sales!

I concur that it'd be a nice little feature to be able to switch headers between FS/FSOT/ST/WTB/SOLD. I also think long term bumps for certain threads isn't a bad thing like "Golden Eagle Club" etc... Not a complaint by any means, just sending out some wishes.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:01 AM, Gtwibs said:

It's really never bothered me to scroll to the end of the page.

Good for you.