Heritage Owners Club

Millennium Ultra 2011

TomW

Hi folks,

I’ve found a 2011 Heritage Millennium Ultra Standard for sale without a serial number on the back of the headstock. The guitar is for sale online in Europe. Is it just me that thinks this is weird or have others on this forum seen similar? The colour of the neck also looks a little strange? Let me know what you think? 

Tom

56D9DD32-E0C2-42F0-860A-7C4D014BBF37.jpeg

C5309E86-890F-4663-AB0E-6FEF51444196.jpeg

Thanks for the reply Vanschoyck. The description was in German. As far as I can understand he’s stripped the paint job off the back of the neck and headstock. I presume the serial number went with the paint, or he’s retouched the photo 

The shape of that headstock isn't right, neither is the look of the neck wood.  And I've never seen a 'Plek' indication on a Heritage guitar before. Suggest you request a photo showing the underside of the cavity cover.  

Certainly if he removed the finish from the neck and headstock,  all traces of the serial number would be gone.  For me, that would seriously devalue the instrument.  The Plek marking looks to be a sticker.   Perhaps that was applied if he had the instrument  setup.  

The owner confirmed that the paint was removed, and also provided a photo of the cavity cover, with serial number. Thanks LK155 and TalismanRich for your valuable input. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks again 

Tom

I would stay away from that guitar. There is a nice millie in blue for sale on reverb for $1200 shipped from Japan but they say they will ship anywhere.

You would have a hard time selling that if it didn't work out for you. I am a fan of the millie and that one just doesn't look right to me.

Archived