Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage Guitar Day...... I think.

skydog52

I have been looking for a Golden Eagle for awhile and this came along.

A local guitar shop that I get my acoustics from called me about a rare one he took in.

The back story is the woman that brought it in to him was the daughter of the owner of this guitar.

He had passed away and she was trying to move it on. Her father was a player and loved Epiphone guitars.

From what I have pieced together, he had this Golden Eagle and converted the headstock to the Epiphone you see.

I reached out to Ren and Jim and they said it indeed was a Golden Eagle but they don't remember doing the conversion, the

only thing Ren commented on was there was a bunch of those Epiphone headstock overlays left when Gibson left.

In one of the pictures is what I found in the storage compartment of the Heritage hard shell case.

All of the parts point to what was originally a Golden Eagle. I will continue to investigate and will take it to Heritage on my next visit.

The guitar is great sounding easy to play instrument and a keeper. It is in excellent to near mint condition. I feel fortunate!

Heritage Epi 7.jpg

Heritage Epi 8.jpg

Heritage Epi 9.jpg

Heritage Epi 10.jpg

Wawaweeewa! If it were mine I might convert it back, lol, I did that to a tokai that someone branded as a Gibson and it was not easy finding the proper vintage tokai veneer, lol. Or, had I been the one makin' it an Epi I'd have gone with earlier funky font:

rE7qlwr.jpg

Either way congrats on having a beast at your disposal. 

Whoa, that's a wild one. Congrats on a real beauty!

So did a luthier have to add a few pieces of wood to the headstock and reshape it or was it a full blown transplant that you might see with a headstock repair?  Either way. it looks to be incredibly well done. The checking to the Epi overlay and it's overall wear and tear make that guitar look like it could be 50 or 60 years old. 

Awesome score!

3 hours ago, Polo said:

Whoa, that's a wild one. Congrats on a real beauty!

So did a luthier have to add a few pieces of wood to the headstock and reshape it or was it a full blown transplant that you might see with a headstock repair?  Either way. it looks to be incredibly well done. The checking to the Epi overlay and it's overall wear and tear make that guitar look like it could be 50 or 60 years old. 

Awesome score!

Still trying to figure it out. Whoever did it did an excellent job on it. Finish is nice.

I've used the brightest light I have on it to try and see through the finish. No luck.

I did compare the large headstock on my Sweet 16 and the lower end is identical size. 

My guess is they added to it.

The era correct tuners are nice but a little stiff and the tailpiece I am going to replace. String alignment bothers me.

Heritage Epi 11.jpg

3 hours ago, Genericmusic said:

Try using a black light.

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered one. 

Brings back memories of parties back in the late 60s. :laughing7:

On 6/16/2019 at 9:28 PM, Polo said:

Ah, good ol' FZ! One of the first LPs I bought was Chunga's Revenge, which , although credited as a Frank Zappa solo album, featured a few tracks by this version of the Mothers. One of them, The Nancy and Mary Music, was a live recording culled from a pair of concerts which were later released on the Road Tapes Venue 3 CD. That track made a great impression on the teenage me, featuring as it does some scorching guitar from FZ and some out-there electric piano work from George Duke...

To return to the main point of this thread, that's a fabulous guitar!

FZ!  I saw him in concert in ~1970 at the Boston Tea Party behind the Fenway Park Green Monster. It was also the Flo & Eddie line up. Amazing being upfront ~10 feet from FZ. with tix $4 each.

7 hours ago, zdzislaw said:

FZ!  I saw him in concert in ~1970 at the Boston Tea Party behind the Fenway Park Green Monster. It was also the Flo & Eddie line up. Amazing being upfront ~10 feet from FZ. with tix $4 each.

Some great young acts just getting started at that venue. Did you ever see the Allman Brothers play there?

https://www.theamericanrevolution.fm/boston-tea-party-performers-schedule.html

Archived