Heritage Owners Club

Golden Eagle Bridge question

Hfan

Hi guys.

Anyone know if Heritage outsourced the GE bridges? I got a really nice one used from GC. The base is not a perfect fit. Was wondering if they are available. I may call Heritage today. I have 2 days left to return it if I go that route. I’m gonna have a good tech look at it tomorrow. He would have to shave the bottom. Would rather start fresh if that makes sense. The top looks good to me. Problem mostly on one end and just one corner of that end. Thanks

Yes. I’ve done similar with pickup rings. My issue is I’ve been reading up on this and with acoustic arch tops the bridge is very critical to tone. The one corner is raised quite a bit so I assume the base would need quite a shave which would lower it necessitating raising the bridge etc. All of which could effect things  

I didn’t even notice for a while as the pick guard covers it. 

I love the guitar got a good deal.

6/15: Oh well, I'm bringing it to the tech today. I'll either get it done or bring it back to GC. It is a minty 1997 Antique Natural. I tried to call Heritage yesterday but couldn't find a # on their site, there is a contact form .

I find it hard to believe that the entire bridge was made at Heritage but I suppose it's possible > I looked on line and couldn't find anything similar.

6/16: Update: My guy was very impressed with the guitar in general. No reason to return it. He said I could leave it as is (really not much of a gap) but he knew it would bug me. He'll address it. These don't come up local very much and I'm getting more and more into trying to play some jazz so it's a keeper, really it looks like new and has a great voice.

I'm still curious about the sourcing if anyone has any input. Thanks.

All's well that ends well. Got it back yesterday, my guy did a great job and not much $ either. Just a long drive, I passed some local techs to get to him.

Another member here pm'd me and mentioned Aaron Cowels did a lot of the custom work for Heritage. Maybe he did the inlay.

The Gibson L5's had a similar length ebony bridge base, maybe the Heritage guys had the template or jig whatever you would call it and just added their own inlay.

I did look around on the net (including All Parts). They had the standard types like on a 575 or ES 175, didn't see any like on my Golden Eagle.So it's a mystery for now.

image.png.59f7e1137ef7348376f7aeb8d8ca74c8.png

Archived