Heritage Owners Club

NHGD

jac70

Hi everyone, new to the forum and recently acquainted  with Heritage guitars. 

A few months back I picked up the H530 that Brentrocks had posted for sale in the marketplace. This ended a two year search to what started out as a quest for a 335 and I'm thankful I ended up here. I'm more of a bluesy/rocker than a jazzer type so I was initially concerned if this guitar would suit my needs but it far exceeds those, I absolutely love the overdriven tones from this guitar! I love that warm feeling I get listening to this thing sing!

I'd be curious to hear from others who are using the 530 in a blues/rock format. What do you think of the lollar pickups? I find that rolling back the bridge and neck volume to 8 is the where the sweet spot is on this guitar, anything above that and it gets a little harsh sounding. Maybe it's the 500k pots and rolling that back is what makes the difference but the Lollars do seem a tad on the hot side. 

Glad to be part of the community, these are wonderful guitars at great value!

Jim

Welcome aboard Jim and congratulations on the H-530. It is a Great Model.

I had a 530 once and regret I sold it. They are tone monsters.

Of course we need to see this beauty.

Welcome and congrats on the NHD. The 530 is a cool model, get your Grant Green mojo going.

I have no input on the Lollars. I'm sure he winds them to order pon request, I have a set in a H125 that has one reverse wound for hum cancelling in the dual position.

Pics as requested. The antique natural is a nice finish but all things being equal (tone & price) it wouldn't be my first choice. More important is the tone- rich, creamy and woody with that P90 bite!  I'm really surprised at how well this performs in the realm of rock & roll and the clean tones are just plain fat and juicy!

530front.jpg

530brownie1.jpg

530back2.jpg

Well done and welcome to the HOC. 

I once owned the first H530 ever made, and loved its amazing tone and versatility.  Full hollow 530's can do any musical genre and sound great doing it.   

Play yours in good health.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:08 PM, jac70 said:

What do you think of the lollar pickups? I find that rolling back the bridge and neck volume to 8 is the where the sweet spot is on this guitar, anything above that and it gets a little harsh sounding. Maybe it's the 500k pots and rolling that back is what makes the difference but the Lollars do seem a tad on the hot side. 

I have always thought these pick ups were a little to hot for my taste.  I think Lollar makes the same pups with less windings if you decide to replace these.

Archived