Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Millennium Ultra 130 vs 155 ultra

ficecone

The more I read the more I get confused. So there are Millennium ultra 130s and Millennium ultra 155s out there. What are the differences? if anyone knows I would sure appreciate some helpful insight.

Thanks

I don't ever remember an H130 Mille.  

The original Millennium as released in 2000 was like the Millennium Ultra. It has the carved maple top on a carved out mahogany rim and flat mahogany back.  In "Heritage speak" an Ultra means the higher ultra flamed wood.  It has two f-holes.   

The Millennium H155 was similar but without the f-holes.  Both had the rounded Venetian cutaway.  There was also the DoubleCut version.   

This is from the website in 2010.   

http://web.archive.org/web/20091228073709/http://www.heritageguitar.com/models/semihollowbody.html

Earlier models could also be the H158 which had a laminate arched top and bottom.  They are easy to ID as there is no access panel for the volume and tone controls.

Around 2015 or 2016 they came out with the Millennium Pro model for NAMM.   It had the sharper Florentine cutaway.   I think they designated that as the 155M to distinguish from the original versions.

It looks more like this.

image.png.9dcb9268cd92f67e1479a4d55e7a7a97.png

As with all Heritage guitars of that era, there was the "standard" model in the catalog, but in a lot of cases there was some customization done per dealer requests.   It might just be pickups,  it might be hardware, inlays, binding, wood, etc.   Back then it was truly a custom shop where you start with a template and then pick your changes.

I hope this helps.

9 minutes ago, Spectrum13 said:
  • The Millennium H155 was similar but without the f-holes. Sorry but the 155 has carved maple top, back and rims... no f-holes is correct. 

Good catch.    I forgot about the wood change on the 155.  

Also, most 158s come with dot inlays instead of blocks.

3 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

I don't ever remember an H130 Mille.  

The original Millennium as released in 2000 was like the Millennium Ultra. It has the carved maple top on a carved out mahogany rim and flat mahogany back.  In "Heritage speak" an Ultra means the higher ultra flamed wood.  It has two f-holes.   

The Millennium H155 was similar but without the f-holes.  Both had the rounded Venetian cutaway.  There was also the DoubleCut version.   

This is from the website in 2010.   

http://web.archive.org/web/20091228073709/http://www.heritageguitar.com/models/semihollowbody.html

Earlier models could also be the H158 which had a laminate arched top and bottom.  They are easy to ID as there is no access panel for the volume and tone controls.

Around 2015 or 2016 they came out with the Millennium Pro model for NAMM.   It had the sharper Florentine cutaway.   I think they designated that as the 155M to distinguish from the original versions.

It looks more like this.

image.png.9dcb9268cd92f67e1479a4d55e7a7a97.png

As with all Heritage guitars of that era, there was the "standard" model in the catalog, but in a lot of cases there was some customization done per dealer requests.   It might just be pickups,  it might be hardware, inlays, binding, wood, etc.   Back then it was truly a custom shop where you start with a template and then pick your changes.

I hope this helps.

Here is the reverb link to the Millennium 130 ultra. Maybe its a typo.https://reverb.com/item/24645893-heritage-millenium-2005-chestnut-sunburst

Most likely its a typo, or he is misreading the label.   That's a standard Millennium, block inlays,  multiply binding, the diamond inlay in the headstock,  and from the looks, it has HRW pickups.  This is indicated by the double screws on the pickups, and the black dot on the top of the switch tip.   The color,  Chestnut Sunburst is very close to my 2000 Mille.   Body wood should be carved maple top with mahogany rim and back.

Mine is one of the LE versions which had the hollow trap inlays and special markers for 2000, and Seth Lovers.   Great guitar.

Patriot and The Milli

8 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Most likely its a typo, or he is misreading the label.   That's a standard Millennium, block inlays,  multiply binding, the diamond inlay in the headstock,  and from the looks, it has HRW pickups.  This is indicated by the double screws on the pickups, and the black dot on the top of the switch tip.   The color,  Chestnut Sunburst is very close to my 2000 Mille.   Body wood should be carved maple top with mahogany rim and back.

Mine is one of the LE versions which had the hollow trap inlays and special markers for 2000, and Seth Lovers.   Great guitar.

Patriot and The Milli

I think you are right about the typo/error. The Seller inherited the guitar and is not all that familiar with models.

I notice you have both a 535 and a Millie. How do they compare and differ? Do you have a preference?

Thanks

They are both great guitars.   The Mille feels and plays more like a lightweight LP.  The 535 is a bigger guitar and I've always been a fan of the semi style of guitar.   I like that upper fret access, plus its RED and everyone knows that red semi's RULE! :thumbsup:    The Mille seems a little darker than the 535, although its hard to pin that down just to build difference.   The Mille has Seth Lovers and the 535 has Sheptone Tributes.   I think the Seths are warmer than the Sheptones.   The 535 originally had Schallers.   I think the Sheptones are more balanced and warmer than the Schallers.    

HRWs are supposed to be quite different from any of these.   It has Rendal Wall's custom blend of magic.    I don't have them, but others here could give a better description of their sound.   Naturally, if you don't find the HRWs are to your taste,  a couple of solder joints and a few screws are all that is needed to change to whatever pickup you like.

I'm not one to try to replicate a specific tone like people trying to get the "Beano" sound, or Santana, or Slash.   Instead, I just pick the guitar up,  tweak it until it sounds good and start playing.  I know I'll never sound like anyone but me.   I can make a much bigger change in sound by unplugging from my Princeton and plugging into my Classic 30 or DSL401.  

Its hard for me to pick a favorite between the two. 

There is no Millie 130, There are models that sport bookmatched front and backs, lower end one have ply tops and dots,  Ultra is a designation showing wood upgrades and pickup, my favorite tone wise are the ones with mahogany backs, the top of line Millies are Eagles, then Limited Editions, Then Ultras. 
The SAE's are ply with piezo blend bridges. 

4 hours ago, Millennium Maestro said:

Oh forgot to mention, the Double cutaway models in my opinion are the most under rated model in the heritage lineup. Most that get them keep them and they are the ones least resold.

For the record I officially agree with that. 

( I am so glad I didnt sell mine like I was going to)

I love my Millie. If you are considering a purchase, MM is the man to buy one from. He only ordered Millie's  with special upgrades and he is a first class member and person.

2 hours ago, Millennium Maestro said:

This is a Brand New 155M, Plaza Era I sold to Steiner... Maybe a PM to him for his thoughts, he is very much a purist!

EhkZvjn.jpg

What's not to love?  The 13.25" lower bout fits real well for practice while seated; something I tend to do more now that I've attained the 39.5 yr old benchmark...

I had a Beautiful 535 that sounded glorious.  The 16" lower bout and 1.5" rim felt awkward for noodling so I gave her up.

The 155M is a cold, dead hands instrument.  Not only is she beautiful, she's fully functional!

If you're considering a Mille, I'll echo StephenK's words:
" I love my Millie. If you are considering a purchase, MM is the man to buy one from. He only ordered Millie's  with special upgrades and he is a first class member and person "

2 hours ago, Steiner said:
6 hours ago, Millennium Maestro said:

EhkZvjn.jpg

What's not to love?  The 13.25" lower bout fits real well for practice while seated; something I tend to do more now that I've attained the 39.5 yr old benchmark...

Hey we've got something in common, I like Millie's and I'm 39 1/2 too.

17 hours ago, pressure said:

Hey we've got something in common, I like Millie's and I'm 39 1/2 too.

You spelled too wrong. It should be "two"... as your age is 39 1/2 x 2 = 79 years old.

7 hours ago, Spectrum13 said:

You spelled too wrong. It should be "two"... as your age is 39 1/2 x 2 = 79 years old.

You forgot to subtract 10 years from your estimate.  That would nail it!  What you say Richard?  ;^)

On 6/29/2019 at 5:36 AM, pressure said:

Sounds like a bunch of age shaming to me.

On 6/29/2019 at 1:33 PM, Gitfiddler said:

You tell em, Pressure!  ?

Alt shites!  Don't worry.  I am sneaking up on you. 

to circle back to the OP...

There was a 158 and 155 model.

H158:

sz8fpyxbrtvftu6kxjkg.jpg

Heritage H155:

ye0lx6vziruywfoybvui.jpg

So some differences there.  I think one being carved front and back and the other being a carved top only.

There were some odd ball models in the early days...

H120 (bolt on maple neck, single pickup)

z0upmbilxqa0yslyk70u.jpg

H127 (T-Style Heritage w/ stop tailpiece and bridge)

egwunz3goivnaixn54xd.jpg

H110: (Highly favored guitar that was an exceptional design in my opinion)

jc8u1czfazr9aya5trm7.jpg

Heritage Stat (not sure if it had an "H" designation)

cwhsqj2jnjxgttqzsr6c.jpg

I'm sure there are more obscure 80's models I'm missing.

Try this:

58 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

cwhsqj2jnjxgttqzsr6c.jpg

Anyone know the backstory of the "Eric Clapton" autograph on this Stat?

I vaguely remember rumors of Heritage building EC a guitar once upon time but can't seem to recall what model he was said to end up with.

Whatever the case....I like that Stat a lot!!!  It'd be hard to pass up if it was a hardtail.

3 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

to circle back to the OP...

There was a 158 and 155 model.

H158:

sz8fpyxbrtvftu6kxjkg.jpg

You do realize that some slacker forgot to put the DOT MARKERS on the fretboard!    The only person I know who would probably buy that one would be Pressure.   ;)

NICE naked board!  I much prefer naked to dots.  IIRC-FWIW

Archived