Heritage Owners Club

Show n Tell: Your Heritage 'Hot Rod'

Gitfiddler

Show n Tell:  Your Heritage 'Hot Rod'

Over the years I've had the opportunity to play and own many Heritage guitars, from an Academy Custom, Sweet 16, Golden Eagle, H150, H157, Millennium, etc., etc.

Each brings something unique to the tone table.

However, one of them stands out for its tone, feel, sexiness and plain old mojo.  I call it my 'Heritage Hot Rod'.  Its an H150 that you've seen here before.  I'm not sure if its the White Limba body and neck, or the SD Blackback pickups.  But every time I pick this baby up and plug into ANY amp, she screams!  And I can't help smiling from ear to ear.

Here's my Hot Rod. 

Now, let's see yours.  :wave:

image.png.9ef12ff96dc59910c42b4381a380fcfc.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 3. They are all great.

62559430_3428670673825466_33174838581311

From left to right:

2013 Millennium Ultra Pro - I removed the stock '59s and put in a set of Seth Lovers

2011 H-150 - This currently has a set of Mojotone 59 Clones in it with Alnico 2 magnets

2000 Millennium SAE - This has a set of Mojotone 59 Clones with Throbak Alnico 4 magnets

I've got a couple of really nice H-150 CM's that I modded with Unicorn stickers under the switchplate.....which really took the sound of their Throbak DW-102b's to the next level!!!!

0s6HGFU.jpg

z8T36j4.jpg

@Polo...Throbaks and Unicorns!  Yep, that's how to hot rod your Heritage's.

@ZGuitar71...Beautiful Goldtop made for speed and marks showing how much you love her.

@PK...bad ass triple-threat Millies...Perfect set of hot rod Heritages.

Anyone else?

On 7/8/2019 at 8:16 PM, Gitfiddler said:

...one of them stands out for its tone, feel, sexiness and plain old mojo. 

I could never decide. My problem is every one of them stands out in their own perfection. Searching for the sound has brought me here.

Millie H-155 Ultra Custom with Fralin Pure PAFs,  H-150 with ThroBak SLE 101s, H-535 with Throbak ER Customs, and an H-150 Gold Top

with P-90s for icing on the cake.

pXdFC5Bh.jpg

All but the Millie have replaced "G" versions.

These are all beautiful guitars.  One can tell they are very much loved by their respective owners.  

13 minutes ago, bsck1 said:

These are all beautiful guitars.  One can tell they are very much loved by their respective owners.  

And, Sir, haven't you a few beauties to show???

On 7/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, Polo said:

I've got a couple of really nice H-150 CM's that I modded with Unicorn stickers under the switchplate.....which really took the sound of their Throbak DW-102b's to the next level!!!!

z8T36j4.jpg

Yes... a Heritage H-150 with a round switchplate is a unicorn instrument.. ha. 

6 hours ago, FredZepp said:

Yes... a Heritage H-150 with a round switchplate is a unicorn instrument.. ha. 

Good catch Fred!  I'd actually forgotten about the circle route being unique to the 150's.

Another "hot rodded" feature on both of these "unicorns" is that they were both built with a couple of really old (60's era) Brazilian fingerboards. 

Best guitars I've ever played!

trH0RZ1.jpg

yz67um0.jpg

4 minutes ago, Polo said:

Good catch Fred!  I'd actually forgotten about the circle route being unique to the 150's.

Another "hot rodded" feature on both of these "unicorns" is that they were both built with a couple of really old (60's era) Brazilian fingerboards. 

Best guitars I've ever played!

If these are the guitars you put in my hands, they truly deserve the unicorn distinction!

This Heritage H150 I call The Mick Taylor guitar because I use it to get some of the lead tones I heard listening to the Mick Taylor era Rolling Stones....

z2mRn7I.jpg

It has been modified with a FABER Tone Loc ABR bridge and lightweight tailpiece, and a RS kit for caps and pots. I also put a poker chip on it and some reflector knobs. When I bought this guitar it didn't come with pickups as the seller wanted to keep what was in it. So I found some good ones :)

The pickups are a custom set wound for me by David Plummer of Zhangbucker fame, they are part of his Pure Handwound series which he truly winds by hand (no machine). They are low output and more than a bit microphonic in a highly musical way! It's a very pretty sounding Les Paul style guitar.

My H150 is featured in this song I wrote, the chorus fills are at 1:25 and 2:15, and a little solo at 3:00...

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/blink-of-an-eye

All Pre-Plaza Heritages...

Custom 555; Upgraded wood package, Faber locking ARB & locking Aluminium tailpiece (not pictured), Throbak PG-102s (no magnet flip), Kluson Deluxe Tuners (not pictured)

fUuzYti.jpg

535 P90; Upgraded wood package, Faber locking ARB & locking Aluminium tailpiece (not pictured), Lollar P-90s, Kluson Deluxe Tuners (not pictured)

4G83Vmr.jpg

Just now, Gitfiddler said:

MM's "Money Pit" = Hot Rod Heritage WINNER!

I feel very fortunate to have Grand Master Jim D. Signature on it, I was very blessed to be shopping at NAMM with Heritages wood master. Wish I had done the build for my 49th before the Golden era ended... I had abalone inlays planned among several other cool things it turned out I couldn't afford a year later.

9tNtF4H.jpg

12 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

MM's "Money Pit" = Hot Rod Heritage WINNER!

Whoa fella.  While that is BY FAR the BEST H-150 I've ever seen (custom and otherwise), I'm inclined toward hollow guitars.  That said, your quilted maple H-575 is the beauty queen in my book.

24 minutes ago, Steiner said:

Whoa fella.  While that is BY FAR the BEST H-150 I've ever seen (custom and otherwise), I'm inclined toward hollow guitars.  That said, your quilted maple H-575 is the beauty queen in my book.

Thanks, Steiner, but "Quilty 575" isn't a 'hot rod'.  Guy's 'Money Pit' ticks all the hot rod Heritage boxes for me. 

Quilty 575 is more of a Cruiser...a low rider with tuck n roll interior.  Smoothness and comfort are her forte. 

image.png.c90470e340e541895087a5f266042c85.png

2 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Thanks, Steiner, but "Quilty 575" isn't a 'hot rod'.  Guy's 'Money Pit' ticks all the hot rod Heritage boxes for me. 

Quilty 575 is more of a Cruiser...a low rider with tuck n roll interior.  Smoothness and comfort are her forte. 

whoa, that's a beauty! A person could get seasick looking a those waves!

3 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

When I want to get my hot rod Soldano/Metropoulos/Marshall on, I whip out the H-575M Custom :)

IMG_2984-Bsm.jpg

On 7/9/2019 at 6:39 PM, Gitfiddler said:

@Polo...Throbaks and Unicorns!  Yep, that's how to hot rod your Heritage's.

@ZGuitar71...Beautiful Goldtop made for speed and marks showing how much you love her.

@PK...bad ass triple-threat Millies...Perfect set of hot rod Heritages.

Anyone else?

Tim, I think the center one in PK's photo is a 150 not a Millie. Or maybe I am wrong. 

Archived