Heritage Owners Club

Show n Tell: Your Heritage 'Hot Rod'

Gitfiddler

1 hour ago, Genericmusic said:

It's a custom made Eagle from 1990 with some really neat appointments. It's kind of like a mahogany Johnny Smith.The rumor is that it was originally made for producer/engineer/musician  Bryce Roberts. He had a studio not far from  225 Parson St for many years and also worked for Chess and Motown. I can't confirm his ownership but dot markers and unbound "f" hole looks/sounds like his style. I first met him around 1970  and knew of him up until the early-mid 90's when he skipped town (Kalamazoo) with another mans wife. He was quite a character and one of the best damn jazz guitar players I've had the pleasure of meeting. He's been dead for quite some time now. I mentioned his name to Ren once, Ren gave me a long hard look with a wry smile while nodding his head and said nothing. The guitar has a lot of mojo and when I first touched  it I knew it was meant for me. It's a grave guitar. My son the jazz guitar player will inherit it. 

Is it spruce or mahogany top?

A good looking beauty!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Steiner said:

Is it spruce or mahogany top?

A good looking beauty!

Solid mahogany. Aron Cowles told me he remembered tap tuning it when he worked at Heritage and Pete Farmer remembered doing the headstock inlay. 

29 minutes ago, Genericmusic said:

Solid mahogany. Aron Cowles told me he remembered tap tuning it when he worked at Heritage and Pete Farmer remembered doing the headstock inlay.

Truly a one of a kind! 

Are you aware of any other mahogany top Eagles?

Have you run this hot rod through a 100W full stack?

6 minutes ago, Steiner said:

Truly a one of a kind! 

Are you aware of any other mahogany top Eagles?

Have you run this hot rod through a 100W full stack?

It is a one off. I have seen several all mahogany Eagles but none with the same appointments as mine. I haven't run it through a 100W full stack but have run it through a '68 100W RMS Fender Super Bassman and a '68 Super Reverb.  It's a tough beast to control feedback wise with that much power. I usually pair it with my Kenny Burrell or a Roland Cube 80XL. 

29 minutes ago, Genericmusic said:

It is a one off. I have seen several all mahogany Eagles but none with the same appointments as mine. I haven't run it through a 100W full stack but have run it through a '68 100W RMS Fender Super Bassman and a '68 Super Reverb.  It's a tough beast to control feedback wise with that much power. I usually pair it with my Kenny Burrell or a Roland Cube 80XL. 

I've never heard of ANY Mahogany top being tap tuned!  That Eagle Custom is truly a one-off archtop hot rod Heritage. 

Also, that is an amazing back story about the possible previous owner, true or not.

IMG_0223.thumb.jpg.adf7d0b7ae96caefe23c2987ff896212.jpg

Spruce top H575.  I don't know if it's a "hot rod" or not but it's fast enough for my purposes.  Inlaid headstock logo, but other than that no frilly bits, just business.  I can see a little "relic" effect on the pickup cover, and where my arm rests, and the guard is taking a little bit of a beating  And there might even be a drip of coffee lurking somewhere that I failed to get cleaned off entirely.  I play this guitar pretty much every day.

Each of the pictured Heritage (solid, semi and full hollow) guitars are indeed Heritage Hot Rods!!    They are beautiful and get lots of 'seat-time' so to speak. 

If you play em and love em, that's all that matters.

If you got em...lets see em!  :sunny: 

(just watched the pictures)

this is one of those "You can't keep them all" kind of threads....that make want to buy some piece ?

fantastic Heritage guitars, enjoy them and thanks for sharing the beauty

On 7/25/2019 at 4:56 PM, big bob said:

56FC51E3-61EF-4EE0-8A0B-26EF9F62F660.jpeg

My vote for drag strip winner.

Every one of these run in the "sweet to spectacular" range. Or am I biased?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived