Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Amps

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting.  A few years back we had a growing thread about Heritage Amps including Serial Numbers.

I'm a huge Heritage am fan, especially the 45 watt 'tweed' toned Liberty model.  I never noticed before, but the catalogue indicated it was available as a 2x12 or 1x15 combo.  I've only seen them as a head w/2x12 cab like mine pictured below.  

WO5mTC.jpg

Amps pop up occasionally on Reverb or GC but they are relatively rare.  I wonder how many were actually made.   I get the feeling that the number is not that high.   Weren't they only in business for about 4 or 5 years?  

2 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Thanks for posting.  A few years back we had a growing thread about Heritage Amps including Serial Numbers.

I'm a huge Heritage am fan, especially the 45 watt 'tweed' toned Liberty model.  I never noticed before, but the catalogue indicated it was available as a 2x12 or 1x15 combo.  I've only seen them as a head w/2x12 cab like mine pictured below.  

WO5mTC.jpg

Best sounding amp I've ever played.  Period. Never owned one, but went back to Buffalo Brothers in Carlsbad CA (long gone but GREAT guitar shop- 40 minutes from my house) more than once just to play though it (and other amazing stuff they had there).

23 hours ago, bolero said:

I always liked the Colonial head they made

Speak up.  We could have loaded it on the trailer...

One time I got up close to a Heritage Briton to listen to a shop owner demonstrate its tone. That's the one which came with those Celestion blue alnico speakers. I'm at a loss to describe just how amazing the clean tone which came out of that amp was. Incredible! I own a number of amps with really great cleans but that Briton was over the top! Never heard anything (clean) that good since. It seems to me that now I know why those speakers are really expensive.

28 minutes ago, brentrocks said:

"I had one 10 yrs ago"

Yes, you did.

Thanks for that!

If I wasn't endorsed by PRS amps, I sure would own one too....................?

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2019 at 7:18 PM, HANGAR18 said:

One time I got up close to a Heritage Briton to listen to a shop owner demonstrate its tone. That's the one which came with those Celestion blue alnico speakers. I'm at a loss to describe just how amazing the clean tone which came out of that amp was. Incredible! I own a number of amps with really great cleans but that Briton was over the top! Never heard anything (clean) that good since. It seems to me that now I know why those speakers are really expensive.

Still have mine - almost parted with it, but in the end let the Matchless Lighting and Tophat King Royale go...  The cleans are as good as you say and with an attenuator there are some sweet edge-of-breakup tones to be had as well.

vsb150.jpg

wow, thanks for the pics
I whish I could at least try one

that ...45 watt 'tweed' toned Liberty model... is it good for Electric Blues/Rock?
are the Heritage Amps only toward Jazz tones? 

edit: just found 

a

The Briton II has distinct "Euro" sound.  Nothing jazz there - I don't think, never sought a jazz solution.

The Colonial has both Fender blackface and Marshall sound.  Not an easy feat. 

Thanks Steiner and Gitfiddler, I'm dreaming of one already

I need a decent amp, I'm currently using a practice VHT 6W head into a Line6 DT25 12"(G12H-90 Celestion) cabinet, not bad for home, but I'd like a better solution

I Still have a Swart 5W on my list because I like it and here in UK there's only one delaer but well stocked (coda-music.com Space Tone Reverb) and it's not too heavy/big to carry (I'm currently not gigging)
though what I'm think of is an amp I can use in real rehearsal rooms for the some more serious practice/playing/recording

The Amplifier I'd like is something like those Heritage you shown
and I think with some more tight speaker and more volume I could achieve what I'm thinking

I'm still not sure which way to go, think of tones including Rock and electric Blues, rough and quality range, from Robben Ford to Johnny Winter....maybe I'm asking too much
I think I'll slowly start looking into a Heritage, a head possibly...?

Thanks for being there guys, this is the best forum on this row of the galaxy ??
never give up playing ?

Archived