Heritage Owners Club

My First H150 made in 2005

Erob

First THANKS to everyone on your input concerning which Heritage to buy....either a Pre-Corp / Golden Era or Post Corp.   When I began that post I realized opinions would vary and to no surprise they did. Each was valid in their own respect, it's not so much a "who is right or wrong" but more of what is important on an individual basis.  For me I very much was drawn to the sentimentality of buying a Heritage Guitar that was made by the hands of the people who created Heritage Guitar.  And I'm glad I made the decision I did,  I chose to go with a Golden Era Heritage.  I have no doubt the new Heritage Guitars are top flight, I would love to play one just to see how it feels and sounds, but I must say I am very happy with mine.  

The tone is fantastic, Seymour Duncan 59's, solid body, thick maple cap, just right neck and on and on.  Another thing I thought was great is the info on the sticker inside the cavity.  It was made in 2005 by Marvin and Jimmy, their signatures are somewhat difficult to read but I think that is correct.  They both signed their full name with ink pen.  The guitar was originally sold through Wolfe Guitars which I've read was very particular about the Heritage Guitars they wanted to sell.   The serial number on the sticker matches the guitar head stock.  And speaking of the head stock, I understand many people don't like it's shape and when I was looking at pictures of the head stock I must confess I was concerned.  However, when I finally received the guitar I was amazed at how small the head stock is.  In photographs it looks huge but in reality it's not.  I actually like the way it looks.  Go figure.   

I am certain I will hold onto this one until I can't play any longer.  The top is very unique, I've never seen another like it.  It's definitely a keeper.   

20190820_212853.jpg

Beeeeutiful!!!!

Congratulations! She's a beauty.

I'm pretty certain I owned that one at one point.

Look at the mineral streaks below the knobs, to the left of the bridge, and above the switch.

I couldn't find a picture of the serial number, but if there is a finish flaw on the bass side of the head stock then certainly it's the one. But I think the top nails it.

DSCF1938 - Copy.JPG

• 1 month later...

Congrats! I saw this guitar come up for sale on another forum in the summer of last year. I kicked myself for passing at the time, but the funds weren't there. I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it!

IF you ever decide it's time to part with this one, PLEASE remember me and this thread! I'd love to know.

On 8/21/2019 at 8:28 PM, DavesNotHere said:

Congratulations! She's a beauty.

I'm pretty certain I owned that one at one point.

Look at the mineral streaks below the knobs, to the left of the bridge, and above the switch.

I couldn't find a picture of the serial number, but if there is a finish flaw on the bass side of the head stock then certainly it's the one. But I think the top nails it.

DSCF1938 - Copy.JPG

there's no doubt that's the one!

Wonderful first Heritage.  Enjoy, that one looks like a very fine 150 to be cherished for years to come.  

My guess is that after some time with it, you'll be like the rest of us and start hunting for a second one.  

What? No headstock pix?

BTW, what is the finish called? It would be where the signatures were located. I don like what ever that one is.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. It has been a joy to play.

Sorry for the late reply. Sticker says VSB, the serial number matches the headstock and also written is Heritage H150 Classic. There's also a gold oval Wolfe Guitars sticker in the center of the Heritage Factory sticker.  Marvin,  Jimmy (I think) and J signed the sticker with ink pen. All other info is also written with an ink pen. 

Archived