Heritage Owners Club

New Vintage Heritage Guitar Day. Vintage Orange

skydog52

7 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Just to buck the conventional thinkers on here, that model resembles a thin body Gretsch 6120 with the single cutaway and orange color.

So in being different, I think a Bigsby and Filtertron pickups would be awesome on that guitar.... 

In all seriousness, nice snatch.  Play her in good health.

I think Bigsby and TV Jones T-Armond pickups which come with an option for mounting in conventional humbucker rings. I've never had so much fun with a Gretsch as I have with my new G6120T '55 VS, which came stock with T-Armonds. Looking at the pickup of the Sunburst one Polo posted, these guitars look like they would work well with a Bigsby, although I don't know why that one has two three way switches and 4 knobs (volume volume tone tone), as Gretsch guitar usually use that second switch as a mud switch (ie three way tone control (mud off mudier).

23 hours ago, skydog52 said:

Thank You for all nice comments.

I have only seen this model in Vintage Orange. I am sure there must have been other colors.

This guitar is all original. The tuners I will probably replace, they are a little loose and crusty.

Someday I would like to put a nice flamed maple pickguard on it. 

The previous owner must have been a smoker so it has that going for it but it's not bad. 

I have been cleaning up the finish and hardware and that has taking some of the smell away.  I put a couple

dryer sheets in the f-holes for a few days and that took care of the smell on the inside.

The main thing I am so happy with this guitar is the tone and sustain this one has. Even unplugged.

This one has the perfect combination of wood package and pickups meshing together.  Tone Heaven!

Can we talk you into bringing it to Kalamazoo next August so we can all take a peek?

57 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

Can we talk you into bringing it to Kalamazoo next August so we can all take a peek?

Of course I'll bring it along with my Heritage/Epi Golden Eagle.

2 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

The smoke soot will give you better tone for playing the blues. ;)

I'm starting to believe it gave some mojo to this Axe. 

12961397_941151949287203_2300034285144933578_o.jpg

Archived