Heritage Owners Club

H575 value?

tmmii

Inherited this guitar about 5 years ago and have never learned how to play. Going to be putting it up for sale and have no idea what it’s worth. Can you guys give me a rough idea? Let me know if you need any other details. It is a 2003 model if I remember right. 

Thanks 

212B9684-A103-4442-8884-5B08E77E462F.jpeg

3 hours ago, tmmii said:

Inherited this guitar about 5 years ago and have never learned how to play. Going to be putting it up for sale and have no idea what it’s worth. Can you guys give me a rough idea? Let me know if you need any other details. It is a 2003 model if I remember right. 

Thanks 

212B9684-A103-4442-8884-5B08E77E462F.jpeg

Your 575 looks like a custom order with what appears to be a Spruce top, single pickup, Block Inlays, and Bound Headstock.  There's no photo of the back or sides to determine if it is Plain Maple or the upgraded Figured/Flame Maple.  Is that an Ebony fretboard or the standard Rosewood?  These options all add to the potential value.  Check the inside label for other clues.

Also, no mention about the condition, but it looks great.  The market for archtops is softer than in previous years, but if you check Ebay and Reverb (sold prices) for H-575's that should give you a pretty good idea.  The good news is that Heritage 575's all were solid wood (not laminate) constructed and considered high quality, hand made archtops. 

I'll help; if you post a photo of the back, sides and back of the neck.

You have a rather expensive model in your grasp.

38 minutes ago, tmmii said:

Thank you guys, I will get pictures of the sides and back. And it is in perfect condition. 

What I’ve seen on eBay and online has a pretty big swing and I know nothing about it. 

Remember, the back of the neck too.  That will assist in determining value.

that one looks a lot like my 575 MH (spruce top/mahogany back and sides, single pickup, bound ebony fretboard and headstock, ebony pick-guard).  A fabulous instrument. Yours might be a 575 MH.  

Let's see the back and sides....that will tell us.

1 hour ago, tsp17 said:

that one looks a lot like my 575 MH (spruce top/mahogany back and sides, single pickup, bound ebony fretboard and headstock, ebony pick-guard).  A fabulous instrument. Yours might be a 575 MH.  

Let's see the back and sides....that will tell us.

Yep...Sure looks like a 575MH to me also. 

If I were to put a guess-ti-mate value on it, I'd say between $2,500 - $2,900 'selling' price.  'Asking' prices can be around $3k+/- but tend to stay unsold for a very long time.

4 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Yep...Sure looks like a 575MH to me also. 

If I were to put a guess-ti-mate value on it, I'd say between $2,500 - $2,900 'selling' price.  'Asking' prices can be around $3k+/- but tend to stay unsold for a very long time.

sho' 'nuff!  having bought and sold some archtops recently I'll say that it is a buyers market right now.    if you want your price, be prepared to wait a bit to get it, especially on a specialty item like this one; but when the right buyer comes along who is looking for a such a rare item, you'll get a decent price for it.  

mine is a dream to play.  I doubt I'll ever let it go.  

38 minutes ago, tsp17 said:

sho' 'nuff!  having bought and sold some archtops recently I'll say that it is a buyers market right now.    if you want your price, be prepared to wait a bit to get it, especially on a specialty item like this one; but when the right buyer comes along who is looking for a such a rare item, you'll get a decent price for it.  

mine is a dream to play.  I doubt I'll ever let it go.  

If I could play I would think I would do the same. It sounds great just strumming the strings and I know it has to be way out of tune after sitting this long. 

That is an H575 Mahogany Custom.  Mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard and parallel bracing.  An EXTREMELY nice, rare heritage.  A new one would cost $4300 - $4800, potentially more because you'd have to go through the custom shop.  Yours is the most expensive in the 575 line.  Most of the plain 575s list around $2300.  I saw an H575 custom listed at $2800.  I'd list it $3500 and depending on how fast you wish to unload it, perhaps settle around $3000.

Archived