Heritage Owners Club

NGD - Heritage 150

Cajun2

Just got another Heritage (I've owned quite a few of them over the years). I was perusing the Gear Page Emporium a week and a half ago, and had no intent on buying another guitar but noticed this beauty from Wolfe Guitars. I thought - if I were to custom order a 150, this is exactly how I would order it (what are the odds). Tobacco Sunburst with premium top ($400 upgrade), bound peghead which I love on Heritage guitars (had a 535 with that), inlaid logo, AND most importantly a 59 style neck. Pickups had been swapped out with Seth Lovers (which I personally love). So what the heck - I ordered it! Wolfe Guitars seems to get the cream of the crop due to their status. 

Another example of supreme Kalamazoo workmanship, and can keep up with an Les Paul R guitar (I had an R8). 

H 150.JPG

4 hours ago, Cajun2 said:

Just got another Heritage (I've owned quite a few of them over the years). I was perusing the Gear Page Emporium a week and a half ago, and had no intent on buying another guitar but noticed this beauty from Wolfe Guitars. I thought - if I were to custom order a 150, this is exactly how I would order it (what are the odds). Tobacco Sunburst with premium top ($400 upgrade), bound peghead which I love on Heritage guitars (had a 535 with that), inlaid logo, AND most importantly a 59 style neck. Pickups had been swapped out with Seth Lovers (which I personally love). So what the heck - I ordered it! Wolfe Guitars seems to get the cream of the crop due to their status. 

Another example of supreme Kalamazoo workmanship, and can keep up with an Les Paul R guitar (I had an R8). 

H 150.JPG

That is fantastic! I hope you keep this one.

Nice snatch indeed! Is it a brand new one? I know Wolfe sells both new AND preowned. 

How in the world can Rockabilly69 tell that it has the ABR bridge without a close up photo? He must have much better eyesight than I do!

59 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

Nice snatch indeed! Is it a brand new one? I know Wolfe sells both new AND preowned. 

How in the world can Rockabilly69 tell that it has the ABR bridge without a close up photo? He must have much better eyesight than I do!

it's thinner than a nashville, (comparing it to the adjusting thumbwheels that's what I see anyway)....

7 minutes ago, tulk1 said:

Yeah, baby!! Beautiful. Heavy, but gorgeous. 

And I have to echo The Number's question. How can you tell?

see above...

Nashville on my first H150

Y1NKIaL.jpg

ABR on my SG

110E1ba.jpg

11 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

it's thinner than a nashville, (comparing it to the adjusting thumbwheels that's what I see anyway)....

see above...

Nashville on my first H150

Y1NKIaL.jpg

ABR on my SG

110E1ba.jpg

Thanks for the education. You mean the width, correct?

5 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

I mean the thickness from the front of the bridge to the back of the bridge. I don't know about the length.

I just went to my parts drawer for some examples... ABR on the right

OKJNpt6.jpg?1

Exactly what I meant, the width of it. Thanks for clarifying. Now, is one better than the other? Or is it just personal preference?

18 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

Exactly what I meant, the width of it. Thanks for clarifying. Now, is one better than the other? Or is it just personal preference?

I personally like ABRs as they are more vintage correct, and generally their mounting posts screw right into the wood for better coupling, whereas a Nashville screws into inserts that are pressed into the body. The inserts don't get down deep into the wood, and more importantly many times they are loose. That's why I replaced the Nashville bridges on my H150s with Faber Nashville to ABR conversion bridges with inserts that go deeper into the body and fit tighter. Also Faber bridges offer another advantage in that they lock to the posts. Actually one of my H150s came to me with a Faber ABR bridge, I installed one on the other. Notice in the picture below how much longer the Faber inserts are (on the right), and they are made of German steel instead of pot metal like most Nashville inserts...

BtgsrtU.png

But Nashvilles offer a wider range of intonation with their wider width. And sometimes that can help with getting the low E string to intonate. That's why on many ABR bridges you see people flip the low string saddles so they get a bit more intonation ability. I've heard many good sounding guitars with Nashvilles. Don Felder's burst has a Nashville on it and it sounds plenty fine. When Gibson made his signature model they put a Nashville on it...

Hero-Features-jpg.aspx?width=750&height=285

On 9/9/2019 at 6:48 AM, Cajun2 said:

H 150.JPG

Absolutely beautiful!  Wolfe does get some of the best Heritages out there, they are also, by their own account, the number 1 Heritage dealer.

There was another company that used to be in business that had nothing but the highest wood packages and designs, unfortunately, they closed their virtual doors.  The wood packages on their were off the charts.  American Classic Guitars.  You might find them on Reverb.

Well all - have decided to sell (too many impulse buys lately - can't afford to keep them all). Posting in the sale section. Will take what I paid for it. It's plays great and sounds wonderful, but I have been purchasing way too many lately. Hope someone from here grabs it. 

Archived