Heritage Owners Club

1st Heritage

ZumSteel

A couple weeks ago, I contacted Heritage to inquire about the 150.  Through e-mails with Mike in Customer Service, I was able to get one coming. 

Having played a few Heritage's in the past, I was already pretty sold on the idea but Mike helped me through the process.  He hand selected a few and sent pictures. After talking with him, I decided on an H150 OSB that is gorgeous!  He was a great help through the process.  He also invited me to look into this forum so here I am.

I have never bought a guitar before without feeling and playing it, other than The ZumSteel, but Mike assured me of the Heritage name and utmost quality.  He was correct. Upon arrival of the new 150, a quick brush up with the tuner and off to the races.  It is truly everything he portrayed and sounds looks and feels outstanding.

For years I have played an old 335 bought new in '82, a G&L ASAT Classic , Taylor 814CE and a D-10 ZumSteel.  The only other guitar ordered without playing first was the Zum.  At the time it was a 10 month wait to build it.  Anyway, this new H150 certainly lives up to the Heritage reputation. 

So.....I am now a proud owner of my first Heritage as well as new to this forum.  Looking forward to hearing the stories from others about their Heritage, or anything else. 

14 hours ago, ZumSteel said:

A couple weeks ago, I contacted Heritage to inquire about the 150.  Through e-mails with Mike in Customer Service, I was able to get one coming. 

Having played a few Heritage's in the past, I was already pretty sold on the idea but Mike helped me through the process.  He hand selected a few and sent pictures. After talking with him, I decided on an H150 OSB that is gorgeous!  He was a great help through the process.  He also invited me to look into this forum so here I am.

I have never bought a guitar before without feeling and playing it, other than The ZumSteel, but Mike assured me of the Heritage name and utmost quality.  He was correct. Upon arrival of the new 150, a quick brush up with the tuner and off to the races.  It is truly everything he portrayed and sounds looks and feels outstanding.

For years I have played an old 335 bought new in '82, a G&L ASAT Classic , Taylor 814CE and a D-10 ZumSteel.  The only other guitar ordered without playing first was the Zum.  At the time it was a 10 month wait to build it.  Anyway, this new H150 certainly lives up to the Heritage reputation. 

So.....I am now a proud owner of my first Heritage as well as new to this forum.  Looking forward to hearing the stories from others about their Heritage, or anything else. 

Good Morning Zumsteel!

Welcome to the Collective!  Its always nice to get new members so enthusiastic about Heritage guitars!

Congratulations on a fine specimen of a Heritage.  H150 are the bread and butter of Heritages.  (As we say here frequently, PICS or it didn't happen!)

You play a Zumsteel?  That's a bit different to buy before you try since its not about neck feel or comfort since its a pedal steel guitar.  I'd love to hear more about that.  

That being said, Mike does a great job as a spokesperson to Heritage guitars.  He really loves the product and the care and quality controls there are fantastic. 

I'm glad you trusted him and trusted the Heritage would meet your expectations. Congratulations!  

One more side note, I think you might be the only one on here that plays pedal steel guitar, which I think is awesome.  I've never played one let alone lapsteel, but it looks like a lot of fun.

7 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Good Morning Zumsteel!

Welcome to the Collective!  Its always nice to get new members so enthusiastic about Heritage guitars!

Congratulations on a fine specimen of a Heritage.  H150 are the bread and butter of Heritages.  (As we say here frequently, PICS or it didn't happen!)

You play a Zumsteel?  That's a bit different to buy before you try since its not about neck feel or comfort since its a pedal steel guitar.  I'd love to hear more about that.  

That being said, Mike does a great job as a spokesperson to Heritage guitars.  He really loves the product and the care and quality controls there are fantastic. 

I'm glad you trusted him and trusted the Heritage would meet your expectations. Congratulations!  

One more side note, I think you might be the only one on here that plays pedal steel guitar, which I think is awesome.  I've never played one let alone lapsteel, but it looks like a lot of fun.

Maybe we will have to recruit him to the next PSP and he can show us how it is done with that pedal steel!

I'll second or third it, welcome to this HOC community. Buncha good folks here that love sharing tales about their Heritages, as well as their other brands. As far as NGD (new guitar day) pics are not only encouraged, they should be mandatory! Would love to see your new purchase. Have fun, and stop by again. And by the way, I found the Hawkeyes/Cyclones game last Saturday very entertaining. Not sure if you pulled one way or the other, but it was one heck of a game!

OK. Here goes.  Had fits trying to resize the pics.  Hope they come through. If you expand the pics, its easier to see the figure in the wood.  She is gorgeous! 

Thanks for the responses guys!  Hope these come through OK

IMG_0103.jpeg

20190903_141003.jpg

IMG_0101.jpeg

27 minutes ago, ZumSteel said:

OK. Here goes.  Had fits trying to resize the pics.  Hope they come through. If you expand the pics, its easier to see the figure in the wood.  She is gorgeous! 

Thanks for the responses guys!  Hope these come through OK

IMG_0103.jpeg

20190903_141003.jpg

IMG_0101.jpeg

Wow! That is INDEED a real beauty!

Thanks for the kind words Folks.  Part of the beauty is that she plays as good as she looks.  Stays in tune and is factory set up very well.  Its my first time owning a LP style guitar and just sorry I waited so long to do so.  After playing literally dozens of the Pauls recently, I am now very glad I went with the Heritage. As far as fit, finish and feel, it outshines the others by a mile.  Now I'm starting to get the itch for a 575.......

15 hours ago, ZumSteel said:

Thanks for the kind words Folks.  Part of the beauty is that she plays as good as she looks.  Stays in tune and is factory set up very well.  Its my first time owning a LP style guitar and just sorry I waited so long to do so.  After playing literally dozens of the Pauls recently, I am now very glad I went with the Heritage. As far as fit, finish and feel, it outshines the others by a mile.  Now I'm starting to get the itch for a 575.......

Perhaps a 535 instead would have more of a classic mass appeal?

Archived