Heritage Owners Club

Roland Blues Cube Hot

CJTopes

Last weekend I went to Guitar Center to buy a new cable and wound up putting money down on a used Blues Cube Hot. (I shouldn't go there without supervision) I've been looking at getting a solid state grab and go amp for rehearsals and jamms. Tube amps get pretty beat up tossing them in and out of the truck in super cold/hot weather.  I cant pick it up until Saturday. Wisconsin has a 15 day hold policy on used gear to make sure it's not stolen. I was instantly impressed on how it responds like a tube amp and sounds better then any solid state amp I've played. There was just a presence or tone that you just don't find on solid state amps.  Has any one here ever played any of the Roland Blues Cube line?  Opinions?

When I get this amp I'll be selling a Carvin Nomad and a Rivera Chubster on  the local Craigs List. They are great amps but I just dont use them anymore.  (Hit me up if you have any interest.) 

I play in an unapologetically loud rock band and sometimes we do this semi acoustic gig with two acoustic guitars, acoustic bass, keys and kick/snare brushes plus me on an electric. I use a blues cube with a Richie kotzen fly rig for fx and it is killer for that kind of gig. Wit the fx it really does feel like tubes.

Archived